Join now - be part of our community!

how to unhide advanced tab vaio ns190j?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
calamarokosa
Visitor

how to unhide advanced tab vaio ns190j?

Hi ppl, does anybody knows how to unhide the advanced menu? some people says "with hotkeys" for administrator rights in the bios setup screen, i need to enable the intel vt feature, i already update the bios but i dont have the advanced menu just Main, Security, Boot and exit.Thank you:smileyhappy:

P.S: my bios its Ami Aptio...:smileyangry:

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi calamarokosa,

This is a USA/Canadian model and your best course of action would be to seek support from that community.

I assume that you have installed the BIOS upgrade from the following location:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNNS190J&upd_id=5175&os_group_id=11

“Some models may not have the hardware required to use the Intel Virtualization Technology. For models that do not support this feature, the Intel Virtualization Technology is not displayed in the BIOS settings. For additional information, the Intel Processor Identification Utility

Although a quick search on your model suggest that you have a Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 667 MHz FSB) which does support Intel Virtualization Technology I would use the Processor Identification Utility to confirm this as, as far as I am aware, the advanced options in the BIOS should be available, after BIOS upgrade, without need for use of hotkeys which only work once all Sony drivers and utilities have been loaded.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi calamarokosa,

This is a USA/Canadian model and your best course of action would be to seek support from that community.

I assume that you have installed the BIOS upgrade from the following location:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNNS190J&upd_id=5175&os_group_id=11

“Some models may not have the hardware required to use the Intel Virtualization Technology. For models that do not support this feature, the Intel Virtualization Technology is not displayed in the BIOS settings. For additional information, the Intel Processor Identification Utility

Although a quick search on your model suggest that you have a Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2500 (2M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 667 MHz FSB) which does support Intel Virtualization Technology I would use the Processor Identification Utility to confirm this as, as far as I am aware, the advanced options in the BIOS should be available, after BIOS upgrade, without need for use of hotkeys which only work once all Sony drivers and utilities have been loaded.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat