Join now - be part of our community!

HDDR Partition got removed

dhansoia
Visitor

HDDR Partition got removed

I recently bought AR-51SU and now I have lost the HDDR hidden partition (I can not see it any more in the explorer). I did the following:

-After clean start of the system for the first time, created recovery discs.
-I was facing some problems with the IE, so I decided to re-install the system.
-Used Vaio Recovers Center -> Restore C: Drive -> Start -> till recovery started.
-System fully up and running but now no HDDR partition on the system.

Can any one tell me what wnet wrong. How can I have my HDDR partition back.

6 REPLIES 6
TariqSyed
Visitor

I’m not an expert but I think hidden partition should be “hidden” in explorer under default settings. You can look for it in “Disk Management” under Control panel, System and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management.

dhansoia
Visitor

It says:
9.46 GB Healthy (EISA Configuration)
456.31 GB NTFS.

But when I tried to boot with recovery partition using BIOS, it said no recovery partition exists. In disc administration, it says it is 100% free.

Will restoring system using recovery disc put data back on this partition.

profile.country.en_.title
@0264405400002079
Visitor

hi dhansoia,
that 9.46gb (eisa Configuration) is your recovery partition.TariqSyed is rite about saying it is a hidden partition.You can start the recovery application by tapping F10 several times during booting of the vaio or from the programmes menu. :smileygrin:

dhansoia
Visitor

I have tried f10. There is nothing in the recovery partition. It is empty. The only thing I had done was use recovery centre to recover C: drive. In the process it also cleared the HDDR partition.

profile.country.en_.title
@0264405400002079
Visitor

Thats odd :thinking:
I dont have the expertese to think of other options.Other users here have vast knowledge and will hopefully help u out :smileygrin:

dhansoia
Visitor

Strange enough, looks like the stuff is still there.

Just to ensure if the data is there or not, I went to recovery center and started to recreate the recovery discs again. As soon as the first disc creation started, the recovery partition appeared in the explorer view and disappeared again at the end of last disc creation.

So it seems that the data is there, somehow hidden.