Join now - be part of our community!

FE11S windows 7, brightness control only works once

pmml
Visitor

FE11S windows 7, brightness control only works once

Hi,

I have an not so young VAIO FE11S and last week I messed it up and I lost my windows partition and also the recovery partition. I decided to give windows 7 a try and once I got it installed I noticed that my graphics were terrible (standard VGA) and the extra buttons, mute sound, +volume, -volume, s1, s2 and Fn+F4, Fn+F5 (bright control didn't work).

I've searched the forum and found that someone recommended to install the Vista driver for the Go7400 nvidia as in the package: NVDVID-01422002-UN and so I did, getting back better graphics but no extra buttons.

I searched again and found a thread where it stated I needed to install from a Vista driver pack the SFEP driver, the SonyUtils DLL, Sony Shared Library and the VAIO event service.

I didn't manage to install the SFEP driver since on the device manager there was no complain about missing drivers, all the rest went good. Now my sound buttons work as well as the s1, s2 buttons. The problem now is with the brightness control, on a fresh start it works, but once I suspend, hibernate (by leaving the computer unattended for a long period) when it comes back the brightness cannot be adjusted anymore.

Can anyone stop something wrong on my procedure, do I really need to get the SFEP driver installed? if so, which device on the device manager should I use to update the driver?

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0