Join now - be part of our community!

F series i7 720 QM temperature

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Impactus
Visitor

F series i7 720 QM temperature

94 C degree- under heavy loads, sounds terrifying but that is what I get.  Standby around 70, fans are pretty calm on 70 though you cannot use "quiet" term  for F series. Is that ok? Maximum T junction listed as 100 ,

Message was edited by: Impactus

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The following is copied from Vaio Support.

"Cleaning the VAIO's cooling system

WARNING:The VAIO's cooling system replies on steady, unobstructed airflow through the heat sink to work. If dust gets sucked into the VAIO and gets stuck in the heatsink, it's effectiveness will decrease greatly. Throughout cleaning requires disassembling the VAIO and should only be done by a VAIO repair center. The procedure below is meant to reduce the amount of dust stuck in the heatsink.
Be aware that depending on the temperature and amount used, compressed air will be liquid. Test your can of compressed air before using it on your VAIO.

1. Obtain a can of compressed air. This is sold by computer and electronics supply shops.
  2. Shut down the VAIO, unplug the AC-Adapter and remove the battery.
  3. Place the VAIO upside down on a table. Use a cloth to avoid scratches to display cover.
  4. Locate the exhaust of the VAIO's cooling system. You should be able to see the heat sink through the grill.
  5. Use the can of compressed air to blow the dust off the heatsink's inner surface."

If this fails to resolve the overheating then disassembly will be required for a thorough clean.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.ro_RO.title
printularabiei
Visitor

it„s two much clean it ,i have an 740qm i7 and a full temp was 74c and stand by 38 and idle around 42-45 and with office aplicattion 40 -60 depend what i„m doing...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The following is copied from Vaio Support.

"Cleaning the VAIO's cooling system

WARNING:The VAIO's cooling system replies on steady, unobstructed airflow through the heat sink to work. If dust gets sucked into the VAIO and gets stuck in the heatsink, it's effectiveness will decrease greatly. Throughout cleaning requires disassembling the VAIO and should only be done by a VAIO repair center. The procedure below is meant to reduce the amount of dust stuck in the heatsink.
Be aware that depending on the temperature and amount used, compressed air will be liquid. Test your can of compressed air before using it on your VAIO.

1. Obtain a can of compressed air. This is sold by computer and electronics supply shops.
  2. Shut down the VAIO, unplug the AC-Adapter and remove the battery.
  3. Place the VAIO upside down on a table. Use a cloth to avoid scratches to display cover.
  4. Locate the exhaust of the VAIO's cooling system. You should be able to see the heat sink through the grill.
  5. Use the can of compressed air to blow the dust off the heatsink's inner surface."

If this fails to resolve the overheating then disassembly will be required for a thorough clean.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat