Join now - be part of our community!

Does any one know how to fix a red line in the middle of my sony vaio laptop screen,

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stecolli688
Visitor

Does any one know how to fix a red line in the middle of my sony vaio laptop screen,

Laptop only 2 years old.The red line appeared 2 days ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Not a problem because unfortunately I think your problem is more likely hardware related anyway, possibly the graphics chip, LCD screen or screen connections..

This could prove costly so it unless you are in warranty I suggest you get a quote before committing to a repair..

You can either contact one of Sony's autorised repairers either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab to locate the nearest location.

Or

See  if a local repairer in your area can give you an quote for repair, then  depending on the cost decide whether you can live with purple line on  your screen..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi stecolli688,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Try connecting your Vaio to an external monitor, do you still have the same problem.?

Do you get the same red line when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

stecolli688
Visitor

Yes, I still get the red line in safe mode.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

are you able to connect your vaio to an external monitor, this would help identify if it's a screen or graphics issue.

What model vaio do you have.?

stecolli688
Visitor

VGN-FW48E

No I do not have access to a desktop, so I cannot connect to an external monitor.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Not a problem because unfortunately I think your problem is more likely hardware related anyway, possibly the graphics chip, LCD screen or screen connections..

This could prove costly so it unless you are in warranty I suggest you get a quote before committing to a repair..

You can either contact one of Sony's autorised repairers either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Then Click on the Out of Warranty tab to locate the nearest location.

Or

See  if a local repairer in your area can give you an quote for repair, then  depending on the cost decide whether you can live with purple line on  your screen..