Join now - be part of our community!

Dissatisfied with Sony Support - SVP13 failed to reinstall

BlueTrin
Explorer

Dissatisfied with Sony Support - SVP13 failed to reinstall

Hello,

Recently I purchased a SVP13 (SVP1322C5E), and after fiddling with it I wanted to restore it to factory settings by using rescue mode. But something went wrong and using a bootable USB, I found out that I lost all partitions.

Where can I find a recovery media to download, the laptop is totally new and Sony Support seems to be trying to sell me a recovery media for £50 when the laptop failed on the second day.

In the meantime I have been trying to make a windows 8 UEFI bootable USB, but the steps here seems to not make the USB bootable for the SVP13:

http://www.blogsolute.com/create-windows-8-usb-bootable-pendrive-uefi-boot/25988/

13 REPLIES 13
BlueTrin
Explorer

So after one week they refuse to repair for free (they say that I may get charged for software issues !) a laptop that failed to work on the first day of usage and that failed to recover using their recovery system.

And they tried either to gouge me 80 quids for a repair in their centre or 50 quids for an USB key to reinstall the OS that failed on the first day !

Also on the form, it will not let me enter the first part of the serial number, so I had to leave it blank, as a result when I call the support line, after I type in the support ticket #, the automated system hangs up on me after saying that my issue is not covered by warranty and there is no way to override this stupid automated system !

The most infuriating fact is that I bought this laptop, because it was cheaper than the refurbished one I originally ordered on the outlet. When I realised that ordering the refurbished one was actually more expensive than buying from the outlet I called Sony and DPD to return the package before I received it and ordered a new one. Somehow the package got lost for a while but DPD found it again and should have delivered it to Sony yesterday so I can get a refund, but I am still out of 2x1400 GBP because of this (one refurb laptop and this laptop that they refuse to repair). I had to investigate with DPD myself, Sony did not follow up with DPD correctly to check the status.

With this kind of experience, I seriously doubt I will ever buy a Sony product again, it is a shame because the SVP13 looks like a good piece of hardware aside from the fan noise when heating up, but you cannot get to the level of a company like Apple with just the products and bad support.

BlueTrin
Explorer

I asked if I would be charged for having Sony to properly install Windows on a new laptop and explaining (again) that it was defective on my first boot but I got told that the team I am dealing with is support and they unable to tell me if I will be charged.

It seems that Sony support prefers to leave the communication to other Sony entities to the customer. Definitely will refund this ... cannot be bothered anymore trying to make sense of this grotesque situation.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi BlueTrin,

I'll forward your post to one of our contacts in a hope that they can help, if, & when, I receive a reply I'll update this thread..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

initial feedback..

It would appear that there are two case numbers..:smileyconfused: So to make things eariser when trying to contact support please use this case number - 10198986

Also on the form, it will not let me enter the first part of the serial number, so I had to leave it blank, as a result when I call the support line, after I type in the support ticket #, the automated system hangs up on me after saying that my issue is not covered by warranty and there is no way to override this stupid automated system !

Thanks for mentioning the above because it would appear that there is a problem with entering the first set of the serial into the form and this is being investigated..:smileythumbsup:

As I said above if I hear anything more I'll update this thread but could you also update this thread if you hear anything as well please.?