Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio tap 21

Shoesy
New

Vaio tap 21

Can't find any info on when Vaio Tap 21 will be available in UK. Thought it was supposed to be Nov? Anyone know?
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi Shoesy, the Tap21 I believe was shown off at IFA but oddly there is nothing even listed in the Sony Product section which would suggest it is not going to be this month especially as there is not even the option to pre-order. Have you tried ringing the sales line?

Shoesy
New

Thanks will try them in the morning
glowworm
Explorer

I hope they release a customisable one as in the USA

glowworm
Explorer

I contacted Sony sales  ... the guy said they were "hoping for" it to be released in the UK as part of the SPRING launch ... which is April/May 2014.

tap21user
Explorer

When I heard that Sony had sold their VAIO division to another Japanese company, the future of the Vaio tap 21 in UK seemed uncertain to say the least.  

I have therefore just imported one from the US using Bundlebox as a US address.  The whole process was seamless, if expensive.  I ordered one Thursday evening, and the box was delivered 8 days later (using expedited shipping for Bundlebox but not for Sony).  Fedex was used by both companies - I was even able to track the flight across the Atlantic by working out which plane it must be on!  The reason I used Bundlebox was because I could prepay the import taxes/duties and therefore the shipment was not held up here.  They were efficient, replied quickly to emails and put an outer box over the Sony box for shipping (although I had not requested them to repack.)  I think this may have been opened at Customs as the brown tape looked as if it had been stuck again.  My credit card company blocked the initial payment, so I ended up ordering over the phone and they got my name slightly wrong but I alerted Bundlebox who picked up on this OK.

So far I am delighted with the machine - the keyboard is great but it is a US keyboard (which I knew).  I daresay you could buy a UK one if you can't work with it, but I am managing.  I have seen criticism that the mouse is small - well, it is, but fine for me.

Altogether a successful end to a quest which has been ongoing for quite a few months.