Join now - be part of our community!

CD writing error

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

CD writing error

I have a problem writing files to a CD.

I can send file to the CD (and it gets there), BUT the 'CD writing wizard' will not open when the file is selected and I press copy files to CD, preventing me to write the files to the CD.

Can anyone help on this problem please,

Thank you

Gyron

16 REPLIES 16
gyron1
Explorer

Hello Thalamus,

Sincere apologies, only just logged onto forum and seen your latest message.

I am still up to my neck trying to finish writing my report (done all the calcs).

However, I am going to break off now and give your tips a try. Hope to get back you later today.

regards,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No need to apologise Gyron, works more important, the fix can wait as can I.. :wink:

gyron1
Explorer

Hello again Thalamus,

OK, I have tried the fix and still have no 'Recording' tab in the CD 'Properties' file.

Beginning to think I maybe have to re-install the CD software from the Sony CD discs supplied with computer.

What do you think?

Kind regards,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Beginning to think I maybe have to re-install the CD software from the Sony CD discs supplied with computer.

What do you think?

that would have to be your call Gyron..

gyron1
Explorer

Hi Thalamus,

Yes I understand it would be my call, hmm.

I have read that if you go to Device Manager and 'un-install' the driver, on a reboot, the driver auto re-installs; is this true?
regards,

Gyron

gyron1
Explorer

OK, I did an un-install and then a re-boot and the driver did re-install itself but, unfortunately the record tab in the CD Properties file is still missing and I still cannot record to CD. I can however read DVD/CD's.

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Yes that is normally the case..