Join now - be part of our community!

button assist won`t work

educassol
Explorer

button assist won`t work

Hi,

sorry the mistakes, I don`t speak english.

I bought 3 years ago a laptop sony VAIO model SVE1511b4e for my sister. Her friend has formated the laptop and deleted all partitions, inclusive the recovery partition.

The laptop still working with windows 7 on the old hard drive but the assist button does't work and I don`t have access to bios setup.

I bought a SSD (solid drive) but the laptop does not recognize when I try to install the windows on SSD.

I want to know how to fix the assit button and how to recognize the SSD to install the windows.

Help me please.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The reason I ask whether the Notebook came pre-installed with Windows 8 is that if it was then UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) will have been enabled to replace the standard BIOS. This possibly needs to be changed back to legacy in order for the bootable drive to be recognised. How this is achievable if F2 is not opening setup I don't know without reinstating Windows 8. There may possibly be a way but it is beyond my experiance.

Only suggestion I can make is that you try F2 a few more times, or contact Sony Support to obtain the original recovery media.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.DK.title
alashou
Explorer

This is just in case if you DID NOT know how to use the assistant button. I missed that before!!

When your Vaio if shut down, press ONLY the assistant button. Do NOT power on then press the assistant button.

Hope it will work 4 you

educassol
Explorer

hi,

The laptop came with windows 7.

yes, I know how to use the assist button. :thumbsup:

Spoiler

profile.country.DK.title
alashou
Explorer

Could it be the mortherboards battery? Or try again with disconnected laptopbattery. Or try hit the DEL key at startup.