Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Problens PCG-Z1SP

simoneverett
Visitor

Bluetooth Problens PCG-Z1SP

After reformating the machine for other problems, bluetooth wont work.
Blue light comes on, but Bluespace says that Bluetooth not turned on. Also system hardawarew shows unknwn device "UGX" and I cant find adriver for this. Am guessing that this is what turns on the radio. Ideas??

6 REPLIES 6

Try restoring from the restore CD/DVD again. This should get you back to Vaio defaults, but will wipe any custom settings/data.

simoneverett
Visitor

We have done this 2 times now, with same result, and once time last month.
Any other ideas??

If you are under warranty, then take it back. :cry:

simoneverett
Visitor

It is undewr warranty. I live in Kenya, iut was bought in London.
I will pass through London but only for 2 days. How might this woprk, to where could I deliver the machine for the fastest service.?

[size=18]

I am not one to complain, but on this occasion, it really would be rude not too. As you will note I initiated this particular thread back in December 2003 with the said problem, however if you go back to archives you will note that its also ongoing problem with other users.

I telephoned Sony Support and spent hours on the phone to them in Ireland, and numerous emails chasing them up, and if that was bad enough to be spoken to in a manner that I myself wouldnt exonerate on anyone, let alone a client. According them it was the first time they were confronted with this problem. UNLIKELY! Proof of the pudding now! They were rude, flippant, and when requested to speak to a Manager I was kept on the phone arguing for over an hour till I had the privilege. Its bad enough that something that cost you an arm and a leg, to be palmed off by them with any excuse in the book, and to be badly treated. Surely its bad enough, together with the frustration of Sony providing a Laptop with a product in need of repair, and so soon from purchase. May I add!

Anyways cut a story short, I was sent a box by courier from Belgium which was sent to London then to my home address. Then I placed my laptop in the box to have it delivered to go to France. In all it took over 1 month to resolve my problem and I had the following replaced, free of charge!

1 Bluetooth Module
1 PWB, Flexible Print (Modem)
1 Main Board MBX-71 (C) ASSY (S)

It maybe useful if I were to summarise what I wrote in an email Sony Support to make them understand the problem I was encountering. And it may help you, in turn. I really hope.

Originally I had installed an updated bluetooth driver from the vaio link web support site. Unfortunately the said updated driver did not function i.e. when the utility power switch was on, BlueSpaceNE did not recognise this and showed a message on screen showing that the power switch was off. Important to note that before the update the power button was functioning perfectly and bluetooth.

I have done a complete factory clean installation from the Recovery CDS provided by Sony, but with no joy, also ensuring that the Laptop was free of any third party hardware devices i.e. mouse, and BT Lan Adapter Card that was not included with the Laptop. This time when I switch the power on button (Utility Switch for Bluetooth) hardware is found, namely UGX but I cannot find any driver on my sony recoveryCDS. Bluespace NE does not funtion, and keeps telling me to switch the
power button on, even though it is in fact ON. When the power button is on, Under Device Manager UGX is highlighted as other device, and yellow, but when I switch the power button off, it dissapears from Device Manager.

Contact OLIVER who is fully aware of the UGX / Bluetooth problems for the following thread. If you get palmed of with the same excuse "Never heard of this Problem" BELIEVE ME, its an ongoing problem, and a standard problem with some of the Z1 laptops!

Hope this helps!