Join now - be part of our community!

Blank screen

profile.country.en_CH.title
samchapm
Visitor

Blank screen

Hi!

I have a 4-year-old Vaio VGN-NR21S running windows Vista. When I turn on the computer the screen does nothing. I hear that the computer is on and I see the lights flashing. I've tried attaching it to an external monitor but this also remains blank (I'm not sure that my computer recognises the monitor). Since I can't see anything on the screen I'm not even sure how far my computer gets in start-up. Any tips?

Even if I can't fix the problem right now, is there a way I can access files on my hard drive by some other means? I have a master thesis to finish by tomorrow!

Thanks for your help,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

This would depend on the kind of laptop that you have. Some would let you take of the hard drive and attach it to another device to copy the files.

I would call the support team and see if your model supports this. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sam,

This may now be a bit late for your thesis but to access the data on the hard drive you will need to obtain a SATA caddy, remove the hard drive from the VGN-NR21S, place it in the caddy and attach it to another computer via USB.

SATA Caddy such as this

Accessing the hard drive

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat