Join now - be part of our community!

Back up info

Starklite
Visitor

Back up info

Have a fr415m.... is this correct that as it has preinstalled programms it should all be saved on back up disk..would the recovery disc not do this? anyone that has this sytem I would be glad to hear from you as Im so lost...

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

If this model has a DVD writer I guess you could use Norton Ghost to back the entire thing up.

Starklite
Visitor

so is it nessesary to backup then...I have no idea what so ever about this...seemed to have alot of experts around when I bought it. now no one knows....all people say to me is use your discs...what discs its preinstalled ...got a documentation disc, and spec sheet....

kee-lo_

Well hopefully I'll shed some light on the situation.

What I would do is setup the notebook with everything you need programs wise, setup internet, e-mail and settings, then get yourself a copy of Norton Ghost and make a ghost of the WHOLE hard disk onto DVD, then all you have to do is use your personal set to get yourself back to normal if things go wrong.

Starklite
Visitor

As far as I know everything is set up now....(i hope)...Norton Ghost from where? thanx for your help so far hopefully should get on track now....old ladies and technology dont mix....Thanx.

kee-lo_

:arrow: Amazon.co.uk have it for £38, but check the Market Place as they have it for £19.

My friend uses Drive Image 7 which he finds is good with USB hard disks and so on.

Starklite
Visitor

many thanx for help...have checked out amazon,,,will get disc....but no doubt be back for yet more advice...thanx

kee-lo_

No problem.