Join now - be part of our community!

AR41S Receiving TV and Blu-Ray Region Issue

LordNikon
Visitor

AR41S Receiving TV and Blu-Ray Region Issue

Hi I have Just Bought an AR41S almost everything about it is great. The following two things are causing me problems. I put an aeriel into my flatscreen portable at home and I receive the four analogue channels available to my area. When I put the aeriel into the laptop connection I only receive Channel 4. Could somebody advise why this is so?
The other issue is with Blu-Ray. The Laptop I have is UK spec and comes with standard Matsushita Blu-Ray and Media Player built in to PC. I was wandering if anybody knew of anyway to make the player enable to play all region discs for good. All I have managed so far is to use up all my region changing turns within the software. As with normal dvd players I understand you may be able to set this up.
Thanks a Lot.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Very strange that you can't get all 4 channels, maybe the TV has some sort of boosting inside?

As for the region coding - you'll find a lot of disks at the moment are not coded in any region, so US disks do work. I found this with The Terminator, which looks absolutely stunning in 1080p

Visitor

TV Tuner - A litlle tip, turn on the tuner and wait 5 minutes. The remaining channels should come on.

I had the same problem. I could only see BBC 1 and 2 when I turned the computer on. After 5-10 mins the rest worked. Like it neede to warm up or something. Even out of the box this happened.