Join now - be part of our community!

Where is the USB socket on KDL32ex403?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jayemp
Visitor

Where is the USB socket on KDL32ex403?

Where is the USB socket ona Sony KDL32ex403, or does it mean Lan Socket. for USB device for TV Update. I'm not well up in Computer terms.I cannot download the update using Router to Lan socket on TV. Please Help. John

Message was edited by: Catmambo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

If you leave the LAN cable connected to the TV and the TV is set to automatically update firmware, it will do it automatically.

Alternatively, the USB slot is located on the left hand side of the screen as you face it, just above HDMI 2 socket.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

What are you trying to do?

jayemp
Visitor

Many Thanks. I am attempting to down load  PKG4.0099EUL-0108 update to my Computer and then  send it to my Sony KDL32ex403 TV.  Iam using a Lan to Lan lead from my computer to the TV. The TV does not have a USB socket as advised. John.

Catmambo
Contributor

If you leave the LAN cable connected to the TV and the TV is set to automatically update firmware, it will do it automatically.

Alternatively, the USB slot is located on the left hand side of the screen as you face it, just above HDMI 2 socket.

Thanks

jayemp
Visitor

I have found USB socket as you indicated and on inserting the device recieved a message on screen to say  to remove the device as no suitable data was found. I believe this is due to unzipping the the file incorrectly to the device,as I did check its contents before using, but Many thanks for your help, John.

jayemp
Visitor

I have succesfully down loaded the update to my Sony TV. many Thanks again for your assistance. John.