Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 32W705C Smart TV No ITV player on update firmware

SOLVED
Herbie44
Explorer

Sony 32W705C Smart TV No ITV player on update firmware

After contacting Sony Support I was told that the lastest Firmware for my TV would allow the ITV player to installed ready for the Freesat Or Freeview tuners in my TV.

Well after the latest version  PKG".601EAU has been installed, still no ITV player anywhere to be seen.

Contacted Sony Support again but was told the complaint about this has now gone to escalation and they will contact me when they know more. That was 5 days ago now. Still no reply.

Is there actually a ITV player update or not?

I bought this TV to allow catch up tv and was advised that it was available from John Lewis customer care help line before ordering from them.

Any help would be appreciated please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

ITV player is only available on Sony's Android range of TVs through the activation of YouView.  Unfortunately the W70c series TV that you have is not android based.  The W75c series would be Android based.

You will need to speak to the retailer (John Lewis) in regards to the apparent mis-advice you received.  

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Herbie44
Explorer

Sorry firmware update should read PKG2.601EUA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

ITV player is only available on Sony's Android range of TVs through the activation of YouView.  Unfortunately the W70c series TV that you have is not android based.  The W75c series would be Android based.

You will need to speak to the retailer (John Lewis) in regards to the apparent mis-advice you received.  

Cheers

Herbie44
Explorer

Thank you for your answer to my problem. I will be contacting John Lewis and then My Credit card if they will not now refund me or swap for a different TV with free catch up as standard. I don't know why Sony support could not tell me this on my phone calls to them. Many thanks again Herbie44