Join now - be part of our community!

Mediaremote and Bravia KDL-55EX710 - not visible

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ejjbee
Visitor

Mediaremote and Bravia KDL-55EX710 - not visible

Hi, I have downloaded the latest Mediaremote app for iPhone. I have followed all instructions as per manual. Managed to get the BDV-E370 visible on the Mediaremote app, but the app will not see the Bravia KDL-55EX710. BDV and KDL are wired to a Linksys WRT320N router; resetted the KDL to factory settings and reprogrammed; still no joy. KDL is running latest firmware. Any ideas why?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

No, sorry. You have an EX71 series TV. There is also an EX55 series. That 55 does not refer to the screen size, but the model number.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
drhowells
New

Hi, according to the specs for the Android version of the App, that model TV is not supported. I would suspect it would be the same for the iPhone version.

ejjbee
Visitor

Thanks drhowells; I see the the Bravia KDL-EX55 series in the iPhone mediaremote app help text; I am assuming that by KDL-EX55, they mean KDL-55EX?

thanks again

drhowells
New

No, sorry. You have an EX71 series TV. There is also an EX55 series. That 55 does not refer to the screen size, but the model number.

ejjbee
Visitor

woops, thanks drhowell; that explains it then. Pity, though, of course :smileysad:. thanks for your help!