Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32-EX503 Freeview HD signal quality low.

profile.country.en_GB.title
RegdoD
Visitor

KDL32-EX503 Freeview HD signal quality low.

Hi

First posting here regarding new Sony TV.

Although I am very pleased with the picture quality on the TV I wonder if can be better as when I check the Freeview HD TV channels the signal quality is normally 0% although the signal strength is around 60%. In comparison, the Freeview BBC1 channel quality and strength are 100%. The analog channels picture quality are all very poor. The aerial is in the loft.

Thanks for your advice here.

Dodger

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
thjackall
Visitor

Hi, I too seem to having a simlar problem, so much so if it does not rectify itself the store will have one irate customer on its hands!! My HD channels ie, BBCHD, ITVHD and Channel4HD all seem to be satisfactory but the normal digital channels are ablolute bobbins. They are soft focus, almost blurred. I find as I like to watch programmes such as the ones broadcast on the History Channel that this is very irritating. What is the point in purchasing a HD tv when the picture is no better than my old 24 inch tv. In fact it is actually worse.

I dont think the tv itself is the problem as when I plug the Blue Ray player in the picture is almost perfect. So through a process of eliminatriom I deduce there may be a fault with the built in digital receiver. There is obviously nothing wrong with my aerial as the HD channels are acceptable. Also I accept that non HD programmes are recorded at a lower resolution but surely hey should be better than they appear.

I'm very disappointed. I was sold on the idea of 'better' viewing, but this is not the case. In fact it seems 'a bit of a con'.

To quote a phrase...'one is not amused!'

Carl Howe