Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32w654a lost apps, Netflix, Iplayer etc etc

NickH123456
Explorer

KDL-32w654a lost apps, Netflix, Iplayer etc etc

Had this tv for only TWO days!

Worked fine on day one all apps working. Even managed to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix and was well happy with my new purchase.

However day two of purchase was different. Netflix and pretty much all the other apps dissapeared! Still available in history but unable to connect. After lots of resetting my router, trying wired and wireless connection, checking firmware, etc etc it still doesnt work.

I work in IT as a consultant and have over 20 years experience so frustrating when you phone Sony and have to repeat all the steps you have done yourself!

Am I alone here? Very frustrating as I've only had the TV two days and now questioning my purchase!

Any help would be appreciated. Is there a problem record for this issue that Sont could post actions/updates and be a little more transparant about what is being done to fix this issue. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Woktolivelife

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/Sony-KDL42W653a-Apps-Issue/td-p/1310628/jump-to/first-unr...
Add your name to this post seems the same as several of us are having since last weekend, what has Sony done behind the scenes only they must know but they are not acknowledging anything at the moment, I lodged an issue with Sony the other day which was passed up to the next level I hope that's Technical level and not just a call centre team leader 🙂 should get back to me today not that I intend to hold my breath
NickH123456
Explorer

This is sooooooo annoying!

It appears and then dissapears!

Not reliable at all!

Please can someone from Sony let us know what is being done to sort this issue? Thx

Am I going to have to visit Brooklands to get an answer!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@NickH123456 wrote:

This is sooooooo annoying!

It appears and then dissapears!

Not reliable at all!

Please can someone from Sony let us know what is being done to sort this issue? Thx

Am I going to have to visit Brooklands to get an answer!

Hi All,

there seems to be a similar thread on this subject - Sony KDL42W653a Apps Issue, which has been referred to Sony see a copy of that post HERE & below

@Emily_F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we have referred this issue to Sony who are looking into the problem. We'll try and let you know as soon as we have any new information. Thanks so much for your patience on this Friday afternoon! :slight_smile:

sugribb
Explorer

Exactly the same problem.  Had the TV (KDL-32W654A) for about 8 months now.  One annoying feature is how slow it is to respond when turning on.  It takes about two minutes to be able to change channel!

But when I press 'SEN' it is hit or miss what applications will appear.  Last week, suddenly, I appear to have lost connection to the router.  I now cannot re-connect.  I am on Virgim media with 160 MB speed.  All other devices work fine - I even get 25 MB in a garden office remote from the house!

But although it can find the router initially - when I go through the connection process (it staes that it is connecting after pressing the WPS button) - after about 10 mins it states that it could not connect to the router????

This happened suddenly for no apparent rerson.  One day fine the next day we could not use iplayer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As a guess, It appears that you may have a weak wifi signal where the TV is.  Have you tried relocating the TV as a test to see if it works? 

What you could do is download a program called inSSIDer from HERE.  This tells you how many wifi signals are around, and if you use it on a laptop or something, you can move the laptop where your TV is and see how strong the signal is around.

There are two options you could go for

• Use an ethernet cable to connect the TV to the router
  • Use Homeplugs.

Cheers

sugribb
Explorer

Just for the record

The signal I got at 1500 today was 33 MB.

Please please please;

have you a number so I can ring someone on to speak about this ‘not so smart’ smart TV!

Or, even better ring me

Edited: removal of personal details. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The contact details for Sony are:

https://shop.sony.eu/shop/mimes/openAccess/legal/contact-us/contact_en_GB.html

Good luck with everything.

Cheers