Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-26EX553 Error After Every Attempt To Record A TV Program!

profile.country.GB.title
cypherinfo
Explorer

KDL-26EX553 Error After Every Attempt To Record A TV Program!

Good morning,

I was used to recording TV programs with that model https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs/kdl-26ex553 of TV Sony but since some months ago every time I set a recording in Recordings>Manual timer REC  nothing is recorded.

In Recordings>Error list I read this:

IMG_20200829_190436.jpg

Here are the fixes I tried with no result:

1.  Factory reset;

2. New set up of the Time Zone;

3. System Settings>Recording Set-up>HDD Deregistration and HDD Registration again.

4. Formatting again my USB stick (250  GB).

I wonder if somebody is experiencing that issue and if there is a fix for it.

Thank you for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I guess you are Italian and there was a long discussion on it some years ago (I had the same problem with my old W805A). It is most probably related to a wrong date set by a mux that interfere with the clock of the tv while in standby. There was no solution, only some workaround (one was using always long recording - i.e. 2 hours - if I remember well). You may want to track it in the italian community

profile.country.GB.title
cypherinfo
Explorer

Thank you for your "address"; I invite you to show me the post you mentioned, please.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert
profile.country.GB.title
cypherinfo
Explorer

I run the search in the UK community with no answer. I didn't know forum is not unique but there is a forum for any European country.

Grazie. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It's hard to understand, but the italian community have more answers/discussion than the UK one. You may access it using your uk account by using the address or you may want to create a new account for the italian one  https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisori/problema-registrazione-kdl-46w905a/m-p/1523448#M11629s