Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-22PX300 with inbuilt PlayStation 2 - iPlayer +

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

KDL-22PX300 with inbuilt PlayStation 2 - iPlayer +

So I bought one of these models and try to sign up @My Sony only to find the model is not listed and so can not complete registration.

Is this model not recognised by Sony as an official product or what.

Is there a backstory to its creation as its a strange beast - high feature set, low price, the inbuilt PS2 and one exclusive reseller.

Oh and add this model to the list that iPlayer is not yet active.

Message was edited by: KDL-22PX300

22 REPLIES 22
Hamish2010
Visitor

I have to disagree with the above.

It has been established there is a technical issue but Sony for some reason as unwilling to disclose what it is.

Could we be advised what it ACTUALLY is ?

Is the reason we are not that this is due to an embarassing oversight and a component that costs a very small amount was not included in the model spec ?

Is it an experiment we have fallen foul ?

Each specific question asked of Sony is ignored painting them in a very bad light.

thenewrohirrim
Visitor

I am sorry but there seems to be an issue of false advertisement here, and it's not just by Richersounds.

My Sony KDL-22PX300 *clearly* states on the box that it comes with Bravia Internet TV. Sony's website on Bravia Internet TV, here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/bravia-lcd-televisions/2/2/article/id/1237477951536?cpint=HubTV06

clearly states that IPlayer is delivered:

Sony internet tv brings a world of online entertainment direct to your BRAVIA® TV screen. From YouTube™ and Facebook™ to LOVEFiLM and BBC iPlayer, BRAVIA Internet Video and BRAVIA Internet Widgets put you in control of the best of the web.

Now, I have to ask, when can we expect BBC Iplayer on our Sony KDL-22PX300 with Bravia Internet tv? If somehow the TV is suddenly not compatible with Iplayer, then I believe that the Advertising Standards Agency and the Trading Standards Institute would need to get involved.

Best regards,

Stefanos

MySonyComments
Visitor

Hi

I agree its a great TV.  Connected up a laptop to watch I player 🙂

But its impossible to register the as the TV is not listed and e-mail support for registering a product seems non existent.  Not what I would expect of Sony.

Great product for the price though.

F 🙂