Join now - be part of our community!

Guarantee

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kevinyoyo
Visitor

Guarantee

Our local Sony Centre, where I purchased my 3D TV, has closed, what happens to my guarantee taken out with them? I got the extended 5 year warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you need not worry too much as the 5 year guarantee is provided by Sony Europe Limited and is valid for the duration it is for.

any queries concerning this or if a repair is needed contact the Customer service department on 0330 440 2060.

you can find all this on the back of your guarantee letter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you need not worry too much as the 5 year guarantee is provided by Sony Europe Limited and is valid for the duration it is for.

any queries concerning this or if a repair is needed contact the Customer service department on 0330 440 2060.

you can find all this on the back of your guarantee letter.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@Bravia55HX getting the guarantee letter is the problem! I have had to jump through hoops by sending off proof of purchase, then photo's of the back of the TV with the serial number & I still have nothing in writing to say I have a 5 year guarantee. I hope I get something in the next 14 days...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pete4L - be careful, as some of these posts are quite old, going back 3+ years.  Things have obviously changed since then.  This particular thread was marked as resolved on 08-03-2012.  You have made your point.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@Anonymous Thanks for your reply... well then it's poor  form that SONY are still having problems after 3+ years with customers registering their warranties!

Bravia55HX

Perhaps yours was sent in an e mail as a pdf document, i know mine was but as Quinnicus said this is an old post, in any event check your e mail folder just in case also check junk folder.