Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wako1302
Visitor

Firmware Upgrade

I have a KDL-40ex503 and was just wondering what would be the easiest way of keeping the Firmware upto date.

The TV is always going to be connected to the Internet, which is working fine - Have been onto YouTube with no problems.

I think I read somewhere that it will automatically update when in Standby mode, is this correct ?

Or is it as easy as when I have run updates for the PS3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

To be honest there aren't many firmware updates released for these devices compared to PS3. New services (like todays launch of Qriocity, generally don't require firmware updates - the only exception being iPlayer as that was a UK only update)

The TV should update itself automatically if left in standby and connected - but if in doubt you can always swing past the download page of your specific TV every now and then to check you have the latest version. At the moment, you can't update over the Internet - only over the air and via USB which is a bit of a pain, but as I mentioned, you really don't have to update that often.

thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

To be honest there aren't many firmware updates released for these devices compared to PS3. New services (like todays launch of Qriocity, generally don't require firmware updates - the only exception being iPlayer as that was a UK only update)

The TV should update itself automatically if left in standby and connected - but if in doubt you can always swing past the download page of your specific TV every now and then to check you have the latest version. At the moment, you can't update over the Internet - only over the air and via USB which is a bit of a pain, but as I mentioned, you really don't have to update that often.

thanks

misumm
New

HI.PLEASE TELL ME,IF I CAN UPGRADE FIRMWARE FOR  MY TV SONY KDL-40EX720,BECAUSE I CANT ACCESS YOUTOUBE.  PLEASE EXPLAIN STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE.THANKS

Anonymous
Not applicable

@misumm - YouTube is dead on the 2011 EX720 model TV.  See the following link:

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/youtube-app-announcement-TV/KDL-40EX720