Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia missing HD channels

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bhaskar.rao
Visitor

Bravia missing HD channels

Hi there,

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-40NX703 (in the first half of december to be exact). I am not able to get any of the free HD channels even after full auto tuning. The TV specifications does mention a built-in Freeview HD tuner.

The firmware has been updated to the latest version

Is there any setting that needs to be done? Please can someone help.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

I think Crystal Palace is transmitting Freeview HD but not Alexandra Palace, so depends what part of London you are in. But yes you will have to wait until 2012.....like me too! :slight_frown:

Channels themselves come and go. Virgin 1 went earlier this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_One_%28UK_TV_channel%29

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Bhaskar

Has your region switched yet? HD is only available in some regions at the moment.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch

Thanks

bhaskar.rao
Visitor

Hi,

I live in London and as per the URL provided it is not yet covered by the switch over. Am I right in thinking that I will have to wait till the switch over in 2012 to receive the HD channels?

Also, with my earlier CRT TV i used to get channels like Virgin 1 with a separate freeview box . Now with the built-in tuner in bravia I do not get that channel.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Catmambo
Contributor

I think Crystal Palace is transmitting Freeview HD but not Alexandra Palace, so depends what part of London you are in. But yes you will have to wait until 2012.....like me too! :slight_frown:

Channels themselves come and go. Virgin 1 went earlier this year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_One_%28UK_TV_channel%29

Thanks

Paully62
New

Hi You may need to upgrade your aerial,  i had same issue with no HD channels,  put up a new HD aerial in loft & now recieve the HD channels,  got aerial from Argos £50

I'm in Welling Greater London.

Message was edited by: paliver64

abanthiya
Visitor

Hi Bhaskar,

I am also facing exactly the same question, having bought my bravia TV last week.

From the limited understanding I have gathered to get the freeview HD channels, there needs to be a RF ariel to get this signal. So once this ariel is made operational, auto tuning 'may' show HD channels on channel no 51-54. This would mean an additional expense on the ariel and making it operational.

I have a SKY subscription, so my TV takes input from SKY box. Anyone, any idea - what is the solution in this case. Will the TV input be from two sources in this case - sky box and ariel ??

Cheers

Amit

Abbey99
Visitor

I have also bought a Bravia recently. I have a Sky box. My Sky box is connected to the TV by a scart lead. But to get Freeview channels (and analogue channels) including the HD channels, I have an aerial plugged into my Sky box, and a co-axial cable going from the Sky box to the TV. In my case, my aerial is external (a roof aerial) so I have a wall socket for both it and the satellite dish. I presume you have a similar set-up.