Join now - be part of our community!

Advice on tv,blu ray player & sound bar

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
gibby.portyhibs
New

Advice on tv,blu ray player & sound bar

Hi I’m new to Community so thanks in advance,i have looked for a while as needed new tv. I’ve always mainly bought various Sony products had a 5.1 home cinema system which I loved (still have it all but motherboard could’nt be repaired)long time ago any way after a lengthy time browsing reviews ect I’ve bought a Sony Bravia KD55ag9bu 4K HDR ULTRA + SonySoundbar HT-G700 & Sony Blu Ray player UBPX700 bought in Edinburgh same shop I asked what cables would be needed to setup all 3 & assistant sold me a Forest AudioQuest 4K UHD HDMI cable £59 now looking at some reviews re cable not sure if i’ve paid too much & could I get a better or just as good option cheaper. Now on looking to setup system I find I need HDMI cables for blu ray & sound bar. Sorry for long winding tale would appreciate thoughts on compatibility of what I bought & anything I could do to improve in getting the best out of system & what HDMI cables would give the best performance for all 3. Much appreciated Gibby a non geek but a Sony admirer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The AudioQuest cable is surely expansive but a really good one. You need only one more to connect the bluray and with your configuration you can choose whatever you want with the same result (directly to the tv or through the soundbar). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The AudioQuest cable is surely expansive but a really good one. You need only one more to connect the bluray and with your configuration you can choose whatever you want with the same result (directly to the tv or through the soundbar). 

profile.country.GB.title
gibby.portyhibs
New

Cheers Rooobb your advice & answer much appreciated always good to receive a reply from someone who has expert knowledge on the subject matter 👍

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Enjoy your setup, is pretty good !