Join now - be part of our community!

5 year guarantee ??? nothing has come with the paperwork

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
@6185630603025643
Visitor

5 year guarantee ??? nothing has come with the paperwork

I wondered where is the proof of the the 5 year warranty with the Sony Bravia tv  I just bought

13 REPLIES 13

Hello. After sending e-mails, making phone calls, writing letters, I had
to wait 6/8 weeks for my document to arrive.

Hope i have been able to help.................Freeborn17.
satdave
Explorer

i purchased my tv from Argos with the 5 year Sony guarantee,and despite phone calls,and emails to Argos,they tell me that they are not responsible for the guarantee paperwork..They say that you should have sent me the paperwork after i registered the tv with with Sony.

As i purchased this tv in early April,i am rather concerned at this lengthy delay.

Would be grateful if someone could sort this out.

Dave

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @satdave

This is the process on how it 'should' work:

• Participating stores hands over leaflet to customer upon sales in the shop for a eligible TV model. The back-end of the leaflet stipulates precisely which those models are + describes Terms and Conditions.
  • When purchasing the TV, the 5YG contract is already activated (model – serial number), which is all that is needed in the event of repair.
  • Customer can obtain however “personalised contract”. The existing contract will then be updated with customer name, address, phone, eMail address.

This information is from Sony:

"

There is no registration required to activate your 5 year guarantee, however if you would like to obtain a personalized certificate, please call the Customer Information Centre (9am – 6pm, Monday to Friday) on 0207 365 2810 (UK). You will be required to provide the following details: BRAVIA TV model, serial number, date of purchase and your personal contact details such as name, address (mandatory) and valid email (optional). If you provide an email address please state if you also would like to receive your certificate via email.

The personalization of your certificate might take up to 30 days. If you don’t receive it within this time period please call the Customer Information Centre using the above contact details.

Provided that no exclusions or limitations apply as set forth in the attached Sony Terms and Conditions for 5-Year Guarantee, claims will be accepted under this 5-Year Guarantee even if you do not personalize the certificate. This 5-Year Guarantee has already been registered. In the event that you wish to make a claim, you will be required to provide the proof of purchase regarding your BRAVIA TV, the product model and serial number."

Hope this helps

Hello, I had all the same problems with the paperwork. It was sent from
Prague and took about 8 weeks to arrive