Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
teinob
Explorer

Capture.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@teinob 

Where did you cut & paste the main body text from?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

Regarding this email (which now floats around the Web, also on test.de in Germany) ... How about writing to Vtuner, asking them to verify this statement. It would be the best to talk to the CEO directly. What's HIS email address? 

http://vtuner.com/contact/index.html

Additionally I'm also sceptical that this is a valid email, because normally there's some sort of footer or salutation. Looks more like an instant chat message to me.

It would also be interesting to see the complete conversation. Please teinob, tell us more ... what did you reply to him, just 22 minutes after that? And: how did you get his email address - are you working as headhunter or journalist?

Additionally, if the CEO had sent the mail at 10:38 and that's the time stamp of teinob in Switzerland, then that would be about 4:38 AM in New York (unless teinob, you're with your computer somewhere else)

chrisdowen
Explorer

Could one of you younger 'techies' start a campaign on Facebook or wherever to highlight the worldwide problems and get Sony and or vTuner to sort it out or, at the very least, give them some adverse publicity.

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

Anonymous
Not applicable

For those that don't know, Sony has updated its statement :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/internet-radio-stations

wimvandewater

I am now sure that the problem of the very limited list of internetstations on Sony devices is 100% a "Sony problem". I already knew that Onkyo devices have no problem at all with their list of internet radiostations and Onkyo is also using vTuner as a service provider for the internet radiostations on their devices. Last week I found out that also Marantz is having no problem at all providing internet radiostations and Marantz is also using vTuner! So: Sony is responsable for the problem of the very limited list of internet radiostations on their devices and not vTuner! As far as I'm concerned: I gave away my Sony device to a friend and bought myself a beautiful Marantz device and promised myself never to buy a Sony device of any kind at all!

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Seems we now know why there has been such an eratic period of 'on/off' with vTuner service and Music Unlimted! No longer going to be supported on any platform other than a Playstation 3 or 4 via a deal with Spotify! As yet, still looking to find information as to accessing internet radio (vTuner) or similar via the internet and whether a service will now be provided when signed up for Spotify equivalent of Music Unlimited subscription!

I was really unimpressed when logging in to vTuner and Music Unlimted to find my device STRN DN1040 and Sony SMART HD TV will no longer be supported after 29th March!  So much for Sony Customer Support and that was putting it very politely!  Wonder if they would like to pay me the £349 pounds it cost to get a Playstation 4 unit so I can continue with my revamped Music Unlimited subscription!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw wrote:

/...............

I was really unimpressed when logging in to vTuner and Music Unlimted to find my device STRN DN1040 and Sony SMART HD TV will no longer be supported after 29th March!  So much for Sony Customer Support and that was putting it very politely!  Wonder if they would like to pay me the £349 pounds it cost to get a Playstation 4 unit so I can continue with my revamped Music Unlimited subscription!

How so? I see no mention of vTuner being suspended or cut off on the 29th March in Sony's latest statement?!!

Where exactly did you find this information?

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Message on SEN when selecting music unlimited on STR - DN1040 1040, akso
follow up by researching on Google!