Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

I too would be interested - where this statement about the 4000 stations came from - was it an email to a journalist, a consumer, a post on a blog? How is it true? It sounds plausible though.

Pistabacsi

It does sound plausible, but buggered if I am going to count them.

Fact still remains. Sony print vtuner's logo on the box. There is no "some of" note on that logo.

@Anonymous 

By all means pass it on to sony. They have been so helpful thus far. I guess this will help immensely.

A couple of tech news outlets have taken an interest in this.

I seriously hope this gets to a much wider audience.

Sony has ripped us off basically.

On top of that, there are radio stations that no longer get listners from sony users & many of them may fade away forever as a result.

I wonder if they're happy about that?

teinob
Explorer

The "4000 stations" answer comes directly from vTuner, sent from vTuner's CEO Peter Johnson email account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi teinob

If what your saying is true - are you able to provide proof of this email?  For example a screenshot with FULL email headers - Just edit your own email address out of it (MS Paint - Black line etc)?  Because it would be interesting indeed - Mainly because its not an email one would expect from a CEO of a company. 

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

"A couple of tech news outlets have taken an interest in this."

I'm dying to find out which media/tech blog/outlet will cover/mention this sad vTuner vs. Sony debacel. So far I only get news about this problem from this forum here and from the Facebook page.

So where's the press? :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I don't know what kind of music you guys are into but if any of you have a Sony BD Player with streaming services there's a great new app in the Opera TV store called DanceTrippin.TV - It's a big selection of global dance venue videos from around the globe. The likes of Pacha Ibiza, Amnesia, Space Ibiza, Paradiso Netherlands, Eden Ibiza plus many more. It's possibly the best free app going if you like your dance music. It makes up for the pitiful excuse of a service we get from vTuner and then some!

Website also available for listening on your PC here: DanceTrippin.TV

I'm in love with this app Heart

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I posted a response back in 2014 that vTuner had replied to me stating that they were not at all happy that Sony had broken their contract with them (their response was a bit more expressive!). I say the fault is with Sony and always has been. Even now, stations come back and then next time they disappear! Sony are responsible for passing on whatever there so-called service broadcasts. The fact that we are still experiencing problems 4 months after losing the vTuner service for the second time just strengthens my belief in the fact that Sony don't really care about the consumer and the service they provide. If I can get a perfectly good service from other sources via other media that about tells all as to how Sony have dealt with this ' denial of service' .

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

Does anybody know or would be able to guess how many consumers actually have a Sony device with this Vtuner capability?

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

That's a difficult question.., do we win prizes if we guess correctly? :yahoo:

Seriously though, I think vTuner has gone for good on Sony's new line of products. I believe vTuner has been replaced with other services on some products since the release of their 2014 models. How many customers that equates to is anybody's guess.

foldvari
Explorer

I guess it is just a matter of a new firmware to change the provider. But will Sony be interested in spending this effort on customers who already paid for the product? What can we do to make this investment important for Sony? Maybe advertising our problem everywhere? In review sites, forums?