Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

LOL! I knew that really.., vTuner seem to behaving in a similar way to DPRK :thinking:

BTW,

The latest vTuner issue appears to have gone global again! The UK, US and Hungary are affected and possibly others.

I notice one person on the US site thinks the new firmware release is to blame and has stopped his device from receiving vTuner. The same holds true for my own device but I'm not sure if that was the intention of this firmware or not? It would be strange to have a firmware update that stopped it working but still allowed you to view the blank vTuner interface. My reference here is to my Blu-ray player. My receiver simply cannot connect at all.

I'm now considering a new thread, "Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) - Uses for redundant feature"

Those of us who have a STR-DN1040 receiver (others may apply) will know that SEN and the dedicated SEN button on the remote no longer has any use rendering it a pointless feature. Significantly different? It's beginning to look that way. SEN is an ADVERTISED feature of this device after all.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
richardc79

Here in NL also no service for a couple of days already... :slight_frown:

So i guess it is a worldwide issue...

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Thanks for the update Richard, I guess we're going to have to sit and wait once again for the Sony/vTuner machine to get things fixed. It's so ***** irritating!!

I think given that this is now officially the third outage of service Sony should release a new statement ASAP, they have dragged their idle heels over this issue for far too long now.

@SonyUK 

WE ALL WANT SOME ANSWERS!

1. Will it ever be fixed?

2. If so WHEN??

3. If not, what are you going to do by way of an apology and to compensate those of us who cannot use this service any longer??

4. If (3) above is the only solution, when will you take action to sort this out for us?

5. Please don't wait a Year before acting on this issue so that you can tell us our products are out of warranty!

Some of us have bought extended warranties so you're obligated to fix issues for a longer time period.

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

Has anyone else's Network Audi Remote app stopped working? This, of course, means I cannot access the internet radio feature on my CMT-SBT300WB!!!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@aja007 

Hi there, I'm not familiar with your device or the Network Audio remote app, can you give us more detail?

Can you use your normal remote to access the internet radio?

JacobZ
Explorer

Well, vTuner is now totally unreachable for my CMT-MX700NI. 

Pistabacsi

Pista's log
Day 37. Four days with no radio at all.
Even the Rosetta probe could send a signal despite bouncing and falling into a ditch.
My advice right now is to be adamant with Sony and demand refunds/ replacements.
You won't get answers. You'll just get copy/ pasted BS from middle managers who don't know their ass from their elbow.
coleshvar
Explorer

CMT-MX700 NI from France

These days it was not working on most radio channels but suprisingly I could catch a couple of new ones from vTuner and memorize them. Since this morning, nothing at all. vTuner is just inexistent again, like in September.

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

@MK_Slinky The (Sony) Network Audio Remote is the app which is required to access vTuner on the CMT-SBT300WB (and certain other Sony systems). It is not possible to access vTuner on our systems using the unit's remote control or even the the controls on the unit...B*OODY STUPID IDEA!!!

I once asked Sony what happens if a user doesn't have a smartphone or tablet and they told me that's unlikely! Just shows Sony don't live in the real world or is run by idiots!

Before this on-going fiasco I believed the Japanese were honourable people but I now have my doubts!

drdeej
Explorer

You are right aka. I can remember when Honda did an engine deal with BAR and no paperwork was involved. I bet they dontveven bother taking their shoes off when they go inside Sony HQ anymore.

Just to raise a point somebody s couple of posts up mentioned. I also have had an update to my Blu-Ray Home Theater System. Yes, Vtuner doesn't work but in the process Sony have screwed up the apps too. For example, I click on Red Bull TV and after the spinning disc disappears so does the screen. Complete blackness. Not all apps are affected but like I said Vtuner not working on there.