Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 33. Yes, I know I didn't post a day 32 edition, but I was counting all the individual urls on the internet manually.

Got fobbed off with another excuse from the support people & told them in no uncertain terms that the messages they were sending I had already seen from other on this thread. Verbatim in most cases. & to cut it out.

Now they claim to be escalating the issue to someone who has a scooby what to do.

Worryingly, while I was going through all those urls, I stumbled upon this.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=763&mdl=CMTMX700NI

Scroll down to the vtuner paragraph. Yes, thought that would make you all gnash your teeth a bit more.

I tried to check archived copies of the page with wayback machine, but it appears there are no records. If anyone has another way of finding out if that  statement was recently added, could be a good bit of ammo.

Tags (3)
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I think that statement is quite old, the STR-DN1030 is no longer available though you can still buy the STR-DA1800ES

If you were referring to this bit:-

Note: Available stations are subject to change without notice.

I think that might have always been the case but then the arguments here aren't simply a change of stations as we all know. There are still those people who no longer have vTuner, period!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

A Christmas gift from Sony! Well perhaps not.., vTuner has now completely stopped working again on my STR-DN1040 Receiver. This is now even more annoying as I was able to play around 98% of stations using this device since service was restored partially early this month, now you cannot even access it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incidentally at this precise time I don't know if something positive might be happening behind the scenes but when I switched my BDP-S7200 Blur-ray Player on just now an update was found vM21.R.0164, according to the support pages there has been no such release but perhaps the web page still requires an update. I am now installing the firmware which I am hoping may have fixed vTuner for this device.

Will update shortly on what has changed....

5 Minutes later........

Well update went smoothly and guess what? vTuner has now stopped working completely on my Blu-ray player ! You could say I'm now officially the unhappy owner of 2 x f******d Sony devices!!!!

Thanks a bunch Sony for making my Christmas a special one, I guess the firmware update changed nothing, no wonder you're not telling people about it.

At this precise moment in time words fail me how disgusted I am with Sony's incompetence!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Just Tweeted Trading Standards (various) hopefully they'll take more of an interest than Sony or vTuner are doing right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MK_Slinky for that information.

In regards to FW updates, it takes Sony a week or two to post/update its webpages - even when they do, its usually very basic with little information.  Unfortunately this will not change anytime soon.

Cheers

Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 33 & 34.

While getting well into training a chimp on the basics of HTML & java script, in the hope he would one day write an internet radio app, he got a phone call from sony customer support who headhunted him!!

So the quality of their support might step up a notch ;o)

However, as per @MK_Slinky I turned on the receiver ysetrday (as I do every day in the vain hope something has changed) & it won't connect to vtuner whatsoever. All I see is the spinny comet of death in the top right corner of the screen orbiting its own personal black hole which is where I assume vtuner has been sucked into.

At first, I suspected a hack from Best Korea, but as I haven't even watch The Interview yet, I ruled that one out.

This morning, the spinny comet of death is still circling the black hole & no amount of fiddling with network & wifi connections is making any difference.

As the pet shops are closed for the holidays, I am now resorting to training a bread roll in the art of app development. I should have something workable before sony gets off its lazy butt & deals with this farce.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Quinnicus  @Pistabacsi 

Many thanks for the information, I'm guessing the likelihood of Sony improving anything anytime soon is about as likely as Jesus Christ flying through that black hole which Pistabacsi mentioned.

Previously when I lost vTuner completely the spinning orb of death would quickly be replaced by the dreaded message of death however now the spinning orb of death just spins endlessly.

I'm with Pistabacsi on this one and regretfully it would seem vTuner has been well and truly sucked into a black hole. Perhaps this is where Sony's Customer Service now resides?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot disagree - with communications at the start looking promising, due to the changing nature of this particular vTuner saga, the response has been woeful.  :cry:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Yes it certainly seems that way. Honestly speaking though I still think vTuner are the bad guys here, given the timing of this now 3rd outage of service I suspect foul play to be the most likely cause. No doubt the folks at vTuner planned this all along just to add fuel to the fire for an already troubled company such as Sony.

Question!

Are vTuner based in North Korea?

Anonymous
Not applicable

vTuner.com under the name of "Nothing Else Matters Software" is registered to a NY (US) address

https://who.is/whois/vtuner.com

So no DPRK :slight_smile: