Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
Pistabacsi

I would also urge everyone to contact any consumer watchdog programs that may be on TV &/or radio.

They may ignore it but it can't hurt to try.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

@JacobZ 

I'm not in the Netherlands, (in Hungary) but I've just tried all the NPO stations & they all seem to work here.

I know that's not much help.

Try to go to options & select "refresh". Then try the NPO stations again.

It might work.

In return, can anyone get BBC6 Music on their devices?

I am on a DN1040 & 6Music is still on the editor's list, but won't play.

@Pistabacsi 

Hi there, I might have mentioned this already but 6Music is no longer on either of my devices even though service has resumed in a slightly limited capacity.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
JacobZ
Explorer

@richardc79 

It is a bit like you buy a new car, for example a BMW, and it was Michelin tires. After a week the tires are all beginning to run flat because of the fact that the tires are not really well made. (so it has nothing todo with usage, just like this) So you bring the car back in and your dealer says: Well the tires are not well made but well it is not BMW, they are Michelin, so we won't help you, you must claim warranty at Michelin.

It is even worse. If it was a BMW I could decide to change to Continental tires. But my Sony leaves no choice but vTuner. 

Got another mail from Sony Customer Support. They refer me now to my dealer. It seems to me my dealer is not the one who is responsible. 

Would like to attach to any complaint direction Consumentenbond e.g.

JacobZ

richardc79

@JacobZ 

Correct, it is even worse cause there is not even another Internet radio option on the device.

Well at the time vTuner was down, i returned my device already to my dealer and they returned it right away because they could not fix the vTuner issue because it was a SONY problem....

Maybe you should respond to the last mail that you won´t accept that because your dealer will fingerpoint directly to Sony. I also did in my last mail to Sony that i cannot accept this because they don´t give any solution.

Again i´m pretty sure it is in contrary with customer rights here in NL and therefore illegal.

It is a ridiculous situation that Sony does not take there responibility for the mess they maded.

JacobZ
Explorer

Had some more time now. Looked some further in the vTuner tree. And found indeed sóme Dutch Public Broadcaststations. However, not in the subdirectory 'public', but under 'all stations'. This is what I found: 

NPO Radio 1 Nieuws24

NPO Radio 2 in concert

NPO Radio 2 Top2000

NPO Radio 4 Jong Klassiek

NPO Radio 5

NPO Radio 6 Jazz

NPO Radio 6 Soul

NPO Radio 6 Soul & Jazz

So I am missing some important channels, e.g. important channels as: NPO Radio 4 98,7FM, NPO Radio 1, NPO Radio 2 92,6FM, NPO 3FM.

So strange that just sóme channels are not available. And that the directory-stucture is messed up. 

@richardc79 The same at yours?

Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 28. The race is on!

Will Walford police find Lucy Beale's killer before sony pulls their finger out of their backside & fix this problem?

Get yourself down the bookies while the odds are good.

richardc79

Latest statement of Sony Support NL: (translated with google translate)

=================================

Thanks for your e-mail to Sony Support .

I understand that you do not agree with our answer.

As we have trying to make clear several times, the fault is not from us but from our partner vTuner .

They have problems with the distribution of their signal. So this has nothing to do with the functionality of your radio.

If you have any complaints about this you should contact with vTuner itself.

We are not been able to solve this problem already stated several times.

We hope to have informed you sufficiently .

With best regards,

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT : http://www.sony.nl/support/nl

====================================

So no help at all, just pointing to vTuner!

Just send my answer: (also translated with google translate....)

====================================

To: customersupport.nl@eu.sony.com

Hello,

You are correct that I do not agree with your answer.

What you obviously do not want to understand is that i as a SONY consumer have absolutely nothing to do with vTuner .
As a company (SONY) you have chosen for vTuner as a partner for Internet Radio and equiped your devices exclusive with it.
Instead to resolve this with your partner vTuner you people now refer me as a sony customer to your own sub -contractor vTuner.
That is to say the least not like it shoudl be and simply unfair.

Again , I have a SONY device which no longer works like it should work. The functionality is no longer as it was when I bought the product.  So yes there is actually something wrong with the functionality!
You just need to solve it. You indicate that you can't, well then you'll have to give another appropriate solution.
A solution must not come from vTuner because I'm basically no customer vTuner .
vTuner (support) sends me right back to SONY support in this case.

Again, you offering no solution at all.

I would like to see a solution. To give you a suggestion that can be done by solving the issue with vTuner or by providing me another a radio which does Internet Radio like it should do, or I have to return the unit to you and refund my money. To give some examples.

Hope to have a solution on a short time from you.

Regards

=======================================

Conclusion: Unbelievable. By far the worst support you can ever imagine.

richardc79

@JacobZ  I will check that for you when i get home.

JacobZ
Explorer

OK, found a workaround. A variation on other alternatives that are described also in this forum and in other forums.

On my NAS I installed MediaThomb. On that mediaserver I created a directory where I can place M3U referal files to all my farvourite radio stations. So now I have my favourite radio channels in 'Home Network' in the place of Music Services.Totaly independend from vtuner. 

JacobZ

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@JacobZ 

Hi there, many thanks for sharing your idea, it sounds like a very good solution for those people who have a NAS drive. Unfortuantely I don't but the I do have vTuner back again in it's now limited form.

No doubt some will find your own solution useful.

Cheers