Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
Pistabacsi

LOL.

It would be the longest advent calendar ever 🐵

I got that in an email from sony suppor.

Been out all day today, but checked this morning & about ten mins ago.

Still a decimated service :o(

I haven't really got the time to sift through & see what's been added & what's vanished really.

All I can really tell you is that if I choose a random selection of say 50 stations, about 10 actually work.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hey there,

Yes a very long calendar indeed but on the plus side.., more chocolates!!!!!!

Thanks for the update on earlier, I guess that statement from Sony is yet to go public. Count yourself lucky for hearing it first, that's a rarity here!!

I think my earlier comment might have been correct, what you describe with vTuner is how my device was prior to the service being resumed. The only place where I can find many non working stations is in the Editor's Pick, last count there were around 32 stations in that list and only 2 worked. All other categories seem fine with the exception of maybe just one or two here and there that don't work.

I'm hoping this situation will eventually improve but until all countries are back on-line it's difficult to know what is occuring at present.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14

Hello,

No real improvement on my STR DN840 in Martinique (France). My favorite are not back yet but I found a few stations worth listening on the very limited choice.

I posted on few other places and the least I can say is that we are the only one to care. Mind you there are bigger problems in this world. I gave up checking alternatives and focus on getting back what I paid for.

We must put more pressure on Sony ! I suggest we prepare a standard letter that is send to our local retailler and to our country Sony branch office. Informing local retaillers can be useful because they will start to wonder if it's worth selling Sony's amp.  We can also send it to regulatory organisms and to the press.

My last post proposed 5 points and could be a base for that common letter. I also have a letter (in French) that I sent to my retailler threatening him to bring back the amp under waranty during the "first blackout". Unfortunately my waranty is over 😞

Are you in agreement with that plan ?

Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 22 & it seems sony's definition of "this week" must be slightly different to the one commonly found in dictionaries or calendars. Unless they are orbiting the sun on another planet of course.

Time to unleash all hell upon the "support" team.

richardc79

Fully agree with it.

It is unbelievable SONY does not take there responsability on this one.

Again i recieved a reply from Sony support that our devices are just ok and vTuner is the one to blame.

But you know, i checked all my former preset stations on the vTuner website and on the website they are still available in exactly the same format as before. At my friend who owenes a Denon reciever with also a vTuner internet radio option on it, the stations are available and working just fine.

Because i am a listener of very specific music i cannot find other stations. So i don't have any alternitives.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@richardc79 

I think we would all agree that perhaps Sony could give us more information about this issue but maybe they have nothing new to tell us at present? We all keep blaming Sony but none of us know for sure who is responsible, however what is clear is that vTuner are the ones who've cut the service, not Sony. Maybe the rumours are true and it's a matter of contract issues but they're still only rumours.

I visited the US forums again last night and one user there reports that he now has vTuner again after several weeks without. There seems no logical pattern to who gets the service back and who doesn't which frustrates people even more.

You mentioned earlier that you live in the Netherlands but perhaps your service has not yet resumed?

BTW, another US forum user mentions that he had a number of stations saved in his 'favourites' but none of them played. He then discovered that by searching for them again he was then able to play them all. It would seem that as previously suggested by me that some stations have been re-shuffled and are now in different locations, the favourite shortcuts may well be invalid.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Incoming!!

This is spooky.., Day 22 - Page 22 - Liked 22 times!!

Pistabacsi

@richardc79

I think we need to get something into perspective.

The equipment is working perfectly. It's more than able to get internet radio stations.

However, it is being deprived of those stations by vtuner because of an alleged spat with sony.

However, the previous post with the vtuner comments in it (sorry I can't be bothered to go back & find it) was littered with grammar & spelling errors. So its authenticety is questionable at best.

If it is indeed vtuner's fault, then sony should have provided us all with a fall back solution.

They haven't done so & now it's 3 weeks of bugger all.

So let's get this straight. It's not the device itself. It's the feature that many of us chose to buy the device for that has been crippled & so our devices are no longer delivering what we all paid for.

So piling the pressure on sony is the way to go. I have already told them I do not want to be a part of this vtuner soap opera any longer. I didn't buy my amp from vtuner. I bought it from sony & it's sony I want to deal with it.

I would also suggest that (if any of you can) you post videos on youtube showing your "cannot play" messages & make sure you title the videos with vtuner & sony in the name. Then post them all over social media ;o)

Well, I'm not sure if it's entirely down here in England at least on my hi-fi. I can get the list of stations etc but my favourite which I've gotten before, says cannot play.

Can someone please see if they can listen to this one: The Farm 580 AM. It's a country station in North Carolina, so you'll find it under either of those two categories.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

I think the web is already littered with YouTube and Twitter comments about vTuner not to mention other social networking sites.

At the end of the day no company likes bad publicity but that's exactly what is happening now. No doubt lessons can be learned, it just depends on whether either party can or wants to learn?!!