Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
audrey84

You produce honey only with be and not bee.

EDIT :

It will be a great news for ecology

(And dont agree fromMK_Slinky)

audrey84

@MK_Slinky

"Can you please stop this bickering and finger pointing and get back on topic please!!

Nobody is interested or listening to you so find somewhere else to hold your arguments please."

I think its your prefered color...

One of mine :

Strange, why you dont write this to Pistabacsi ?

But during this loose time, where is your "super production" from Sony ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,
There appears to have been some confusion here & not wanting to try apportion blame could I suggest we all calm down please..
Let's not forget that everybody who has posted in this thread is just a user trying to help & does NOT work for Sony, if anyone wants an official Sony response then they will need to contact Sony support direct..
Thanks
richardc79

@Thalamus. I fully agree with your statement.

About the situation here in the Netherlands: Nothing is changed at all. Still a very limited vTuner service.

Sony replied my mail and keeps fingerpointing to vTuner.

I replied to Sony that i cannot accept that as a customer. Not after the 7 weeks of offline vTuner service and non support of sony. (5 weeks before and now already 2 weeks none of my radio stations available)

I am waiting for there reply.

For me as a customer, i keep SONY fully responable for the vTuner service because it is there 'streaming partner' and they chose to equip there tuners with it without any other available internet radio options.

Simple as that. I would suggest a refund to buy another device which will work OR (if this is possible at all on my device, i am not sure of that) other firmware with more internet services.

Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 20. No change here in Hungary.

vtuner man (rather unsurprisingly) never responded to my last question.

Sont support's latest statement:

"Sony are currently investigating the topic with high priority, and will keep our customers informed of any changes.

Some changes are taking place this week.

Some devices have got Tuner stations back.

Some other device got more channels."

When I fired up the amp this morning I had a "no service" message. 10 mins later it started working again. Still with a drastically reduced station list

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

"Let's not forget that everybody who has posted in this thread is just a user trying to help & does NOT work for Sony, if anyone wants an official Sony response then they will need to contact Sony support direct..
Thanks "

Well said Thalamus! We are all just members trying to help each other. :trophy:

audrey84

@richardc79

quote dont work in this forum :thinking:

so... you wrotte :

"... For me as a customer, i keep SONY fully responable for the vTuner service because it is there 'streaming partner' and they chose to equip there tuners with it without any other available internet radio options. Simple as that. I would suggest a refund to buy another device which will work OR (if this is possible at all on my device, i am not sure of that) other firmware with more internet services."

I totaly agree with you, VTuner is a Sony problem, the rest is just smoke.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Thalamus. 

@jumpsuit 

Thanks for your intervention here, I knew I could count on you guy's to get things back on track!

Hopefully we'll all get along much better now and stop all this silly nonsense.

Cheers :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
Pistabacsi

Pista's log:

Day 21. As they say in Hungary, "semmi" (nothing).

I guess by "this week" they mean right at the last minute.

😞

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

Pista's log:

Day 20. No change here in Hungary.

vtuner man (rather unsurprisingly) never responded to my last question.

Sont support's latest statement:

"Sony are currently investigating the topic with high priority, and will keep our customers informed of any changes.

Some changes are taking place this week.

Some devices have got Tuner stations back.

Some other device got more channels."

When I fired up the amp this morning I had a "no service" message. 10 mins later it started working again. Still with a drastically reduced station list

Hi there @Pistabacsi 

I like the new avatar by the way! :slight_smile:

I wanted to follow up on your earlier post for day 20 in your log, mainly because I'm curious where you found this latest statement from Sony? I've been checking their original statement but nothing has changed.

You mention vTuner has started working again albeit limited on stations?! Personally I've noticed a number of new changes this week, sometimes I have more stations listed and only an hour or two later the number has reduced. Similarly a station that played the day before might not play a day later. I'm beginning to think that service is still undergoing some kind of maintenance or something like that. It's not as perfect as I originally found.

I think we should ask for a vTuner Advent Calendar next year. Saves you keeping a log on the run down to Christmas and as a bonus on each new day when we open another window on the calendar we could receive a new station instead of the usual chocolate! LOL!! :laughing: I like to think outside the box.