Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@richardc79 

Well I guess I'm the positive type, try living my life and you'd have to be! I've been paralysed from the neck down, had cancer twice and also have a life threatening blood condition. Hope & positivity is all I have left.

I understand your upset, especially as you're one of the unlucky ones still waiting for a resolution where you live. However it's easy to become consumed by all the negativity here in these forums. People rarely join a forum to say how wonderful something is or how much they like their product. Sadly forums like these are often used by people to vent their anger when something doesn't work as expected and those people take comfort in the anger of others.

Yes I agree, a lot more could be done by Sony in the way of support but how do you make a company listen when it takes no active role in it's own forums. If you've ever looked at the US forum you'd soon notice that it is staffed also by Technical Support, something that certainly wouldn't go amiss here once in a while.

Again you're right, we don't have any guarantees for the future and that holds true for a lot of products or manufacturers devices. Sadly that's the way of the world, nothing is for ever. The best any of us can hope for right now is a return to normal service and then / if when things settle down hopefully Sony will evaluate a more durable solution. None of us want a 3rd repeat of this nightmare.

Fingers crossed for you anyway. :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hi there,

Please check your private messages, I've sent you some thanks! It's the little blue envelope icon next to 'Ask Now' search bar at the top of each page.

All the best. :slight_smile:

Pistabacsi

@MK_Slinky 

Incoming!

:wink:

keteimporta
Explorer

I don't know if the service is rising up in any order, because the last week-end I was not at home and I couldn't test the vTuner service. So, it is possible that UK, France and Spain were raised up at the same time (or with few hours of difference).

And I don't know if the set of stations that I can listen now is a very reduced set, because when I bought my device the service was yet interrupted.

(By the way, sorry for my poor English, it is not my mother language)

audrey84

Here, in France, nothing changes.... :slight_frown:

Pistabacsi

Here in Hungary sony support have offered to foward my request "to Sony competent office in this case."

All fine & danady, but I have told them I don't want another endless conversation about who's at fault & that I am tired of them & vtuner bickering at the cost of us. The paying public.

Besides, I only have 4 months left on the guarantee.

Digging my heels in for a replacement & if I were any of you, I would do the same.

Make it black & white. Ask for a replacement unit that doesn't rely on vtuner & stand firm.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@keteimporta

Hi there, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

May I ask what country you're from, sorry if I've missed that info.

THe one way to tell if you have limited service on vTuner is either it won't work at all or you'll have vastly reduced list of stations that actually work. For me personally on my Sony receiver and during the service suspension, almost all stations (about 98%) wouldn't play and gave an error message on screen. This has now changed and around 98% do play. :slight_smile:

I'm amazed that English is not your mother tongue, your written English is perfect!! Top marks on that one!! :smileyapplause::smileyapplause:

Keep us updated with your own device and location, it's all useful information.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 wrote:

Here, in France, nothing changes.... :slight_frown:

But earlier you said it was back on-line in France?!!

Are you now telling us that you made a mistake and it is not on-line again? Please can you confirm which of your statements is correct?

Many thanks

audrey84

MK_Slinky

I think you have a problem.... where ???

"But earlier you said it was back on-line in France?!!"

Please, show me where I said this wrong post ! :rolling_eyes:

(Nothing change here, in France, the Sony radio service is always bad bad bad !)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@audrey84 wrote:

@MK_Slinky 

"...service has resumed here..."

For your countrymen benefit too, It would be nice/interesting than you say (or repeat) in which country takes place this miracle (And I will not ask you how long it will work ...) :wink:

@audrey84 

You live in France do you not?