Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
teinob
Explorer

Absolutely agree:

we have to react, as the two parties won't (@MK_Slinky, I think you're too optimistic... - in Switzerland nothing has changed) and

it is a case for consumer protection organisations!

--> Please send this case in your particular country to these organisations!

I already did in Switzerland, as there is a rather popular tv broadcast which dedects exactly such cases and confronts the players with the facts. Hopefully they will investigate this Sony/vTuner situation.

I think that's the only way to urge Sony and vTuner to declare, what the problem is, and to resolve it.

Please let's put this case into public, otherwise they won't see the need to react and are hoping that we will recalm after a while (having the feeling to have done everything right). 

And please post it here as soon as it is reported - because I'm still hoping that someone at Sony (and I hope it's not MK_Slinky :smileyshhh: )  reads this thread (hope dies last...)

Cheers!

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

I would be less unhappy (mildly stated) had Sony had the (juggling items) to put out a true and honest statement as to what the situation actually is causing this 'denial of service' and what they intend to do to resolve the problem and give us an approximate time scale of when 'normal' services are expected to resume! As with a lot of large companies that serve us consumers they tend to ignore us. Customer relations is woefully lacking!

Pistabacsi

Pista's log. 

Day 18 of the latest sony/ vtuner debacle & still no change here in Hungary-land.

Interestingly, I received an email from vtuner support this morning regarding a station I recomended recently.

One thing I tried when the latest outage kicked off was to re-recommend 6 Music. However, a couple of weeks before that I recommended another independent station too.

The mail had no reference to the station in question (useful) & claimed that the stream was in a format that vtuner couldn't use.

I see 6 Music listed as a WMA stream & that is compatible so with my Sherlock hat on, I can only assume they meant the previous recommendation

However, I took the opportunity (as replies from VT are about as rare as rocking horse poop) to ask why 6 Music had suddenly stopped working in an attempt to glean a bit more info from the provider themselves.

Fingers crossed for a reply 🐵

ps

Apologies for the mini rant last night. I get email alerts when the thread is updated & kept coming in to weird stuff about rasberry pies & so on.

;o)

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

WOW! A rarity indeed, I think you should frame that response and send it to the Tait Modern for all to see! I've written to vTuner on four separate occasions now and have never received a response! :cry:

I must say it is interesting to hear the comment about 6 Music being WMA format, I wonder if that has any basis for what we can /cannot receive on our devices? Perhaps it's more a case of what will work and what won't?!

Hopefully you'll get that other reply minus any rocking horse poop!

BTW, if you don't want all the email alerts you can change that in your 'My Settings' area at the top of this page.

No apology for your rant necessary, though my wrists are still very sore after you spanked them! :flushed:

I don't know about raspberry pies, more like humble pie if you ask me!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@teinob wrote:

Absolutely agree:

we have to react, as the two parties won't (@MK_Slinky, I think you're too optimistic... - in Switzerland nothing has changed) I have every reason to be optimistic, service has resumed here, why then shouldn't it also resume where you live? Patience is a virtue as they say! No doubt you'll be eating your own words very soon. :wink:

And please post it here as soon as it is reported - because I'm still hoping that someone at Sony (and I hope it's not MK_Slinky :smileyshhh: )  reads this thread (hope dies last...)

Cheers!

I'm now officially very offended :smileysad:, what have you got against me exactly I'm not a Sony employee, I'm a mere mortal like yourself. If you don't want me to read your post don't post it in the first place LOL!! :laughing:

It's all good fun, I won't take it personally if you don't. Mind you I've now crossed you off my Christmas card list, so there! :tongue:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw wrote:

I would be less unhappy (mildly stated) had Sony had the (juggling items) to put out a true and honest statement as to what the situation actually is causing this 'denial of service' and what they intend to do to resolve the problem and give us an approximate time scale of when 'normal' services are expected to resume! As with a lot of large companies that serve us consumers they tend to ignore us. Customer relations is woefully lacking!

I couldn't agree more! Sometimes it's not good to be kept in the dark. People need facts! A lack of information breeds contempt.

Pistabacsi

Haha.

@MK_Slinky 

They say that feeds in ogg & flash streming format won't work

MP3, AAC & WMA will work just fine.

So worth checking all your previous faves to see if they have changed anything in that respect.

Also might be worth trying to re-recommend them to vtuner. Can't really hurt to try.

Amusingly, the guy's name was Michal Bolton, so I'll prolly be dreaming of mulleted balladiers tonight :o))

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi 

Hey there,

Thanks for the tip, though sadly I've deleted my old favourites list and steadily rebuilding it with new stations. I'm glad you've pointed this out though, it sure does explain why we can't receive all stations listed.

No I'm to lazy to recommend stations, if they're to lazy to respond what's the point?

Hahahah, Michael Bolton indeed, I guess it could be true but knowing how customer service works in big organizations those people at the forefront usually use pseudonym names to protect their own identity. He's probably some ugly guy with bad dandruff. Hope it doesn't spoil you fantasy! :devil:

audrey84

@MK_Slinky 

"...service has resumed here..."

For your countrymen benefit too, It would be nice/interesting than you say (or repeat) in which country takes place this miracle (And I will not ask you how long it will work ...) :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

See I told you! :slight_smile: So to clarify.., France is also back on-line again! Hoorah!!

All it took was a little faith, god only knows we needed plenty of that lately,  oh and about 10 hours of you time typing messages here, we musn't forget that!

I'm pleased service has returned anyway, hopefully now all the other people wll have renewed hope!

Sorry I don't understand this sentence, I think it got lost in translation somewhere along the way?????

For your countrymen benefit too, It would be nice/interesting than you say (or repeat) in which country takes place this miracle (And I will not ask you how long it will work ...)