Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

You don't have a router connected to your phone line then!
audrey84

@wilsonmfw 

I am near 300 meters a DSLAM (I dont know the name in English for DSLAM) so, in France, using ADSL2+

I got an internet connection near 15000 Kbps (1875 Ko/sec).

But I dont understand why you ask this question in the Sony radio internet/web context problem ???

(Sorry, my English is very, very bad 😞 )

audrey84

At last, where is the "community manager" of this forum :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ?

Is it hidden ?

Pistabacsi

So we've now gone off topic have we?

I thought this thread was about vtuner connection & service.

Not really interested in workarounds & other devicese connecting via airplay really.

That's not the point.

The point is the sony/vtuner direct conection has been crippled.

So please take your alternative connection stuff elsewhere.

richardc79

I think you mean VDSL there. I got it. Here in NL it's 50mbit. (which for me result in ~48mbit which is quite great for that kind of connection!)

And yes i agree with you that we must stay On Topic.

Ofcourse it is great if you can have a work-around, but that was never the discussion at all.

I mean, i can just plugin my smartphone with a cable on the aux and i have the radio station.

And yes i can connecta  computer with airplay or dlna.

Or buy a special USB stick which provide internet radio. (controlled by you tablet or smartphone) I think it will play on the sony device as well? (it has usb so...)

BUT, i (and most of us) bought this devices to have proper internet radio on a standalone miniset of reciever WITHOUT any other devices attached to it. Else i wouldn't bought it at all in the first place.

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Olivier-Moreau wrote:

Well MK_slinky, the problem is simply that if I use my computer to do the streaming, my network is busy. When I add a DLNA connection between the computer and the amp, the network becomes too busy and the sound is not good (packet lost ?). Thus I need to connect the computer to the amp by std audio cables or HDMI. That works fine and I do it for video streaming but I don't want let a computer attached (via HDMI) to my amp just to listen some music.

Hi Olivier,

I appreciate that this is going off topic as @Pistabacsi has pointed out earlier so might I suggest creating a new post to discuss this topic? I do know from other discussion's on the US forum that this subject is of interest to some people. Perhaps I misunderstood what exactly you were trying to do? Hopefully by creating a new post you can discus this in more detail and hopefully find some answers to assist you.

@So now that we've had our wrists slapped by @Pistabacsi  :zipper_mouth: oops, perhaps we should get back to the topic at hand.

Looking forward to seeing your new post, if you create it!

All the best :wink:

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Pistabacsi wrote:

So we've now gone off topic have we?

I thought this thread was about vtuner connection & service.

Not really interested in workarounds & other devicese connecting via airplay really.

That's not the point.

The point is the sony/vtuner direct conection has been crippled.

So please take your alternative connection stuff elsewhere.

Don't blame me it was the other guy! LOL :laughing:

I shall consider my wrists slapped by you and stay on topic from now on, promise! :yahoo:

Yes Pistabacsi, you are quite right, let's stay on the topic.

From my point of view, that is :

1. Sony sold us a product which no longer does what it used to do. Of course, we are not happy about that and we request a quick resolution of the matter.

2. Sony is the sole responsible for the problem and is not providing adequate tech support.

3. The simplest solution is to get back a complete and long term access to vTuner.

4. Alternatively, Sony can change Internet radio provider as long we got back a lot of Internet radios.

5. The best solution would be an open system that let us connect where we feel like.

Do you agree on these points and I'm missing some ?

Can someone rewrite them in proper English ?

Should we start a petition ?

audrey84

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@Olivier-Moreau wrote:

Yes Pistabacsi, you are quite right, let's stay on the topic.

From my point of view, that is :

1. Sony sold us a product which no longer does what it used to do. Of course, we are not happy about that and we request a quick resolution of the matter. Agreed, however as things have now changed for UK devices since I started this post perhaps you need to be a little more patient, it's still early days.

2. Sony is the sole responsible for the problem and is not providing adequate tech support. Sony is not soley responsible, there are two parties involved as well you know, Sony & vTuner. Agreed Sony do not provide adequate tech support, that much is painfully obvious.

3. The simplest solution is to get back a complete and long term access to vTuner. Agreed but solutions do not always come that easily and we don't know what is going on behind the scenes, however things are now looking a lot more promising than they were a few days ago.

4. Alternatively, Sony can change Internet radio provider as long we got back a lot of Internet radios. Perhaps that will come in the future, only Sony can answer that one.

5. The best solution would be an open system that let us connect where we feel like. That may not be so simple, lots of things to consider for that to be a viable option. @Anonymousexplained that very well in his earlier post: See 6th entry down on this page

Do you agree on these points and I'm missing some ? Mostly

Can someone rewrite them in proper English ? No need, your English is excellent!

Should we start a petition ? No point seeing as service has started to come back again, other countries will undoubtedly follow soon.

Hope you don't mind the in-line comments? Just easier than re-writing it all again.