Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nickyadams6
Visitor

SVR-HDT500

The date and time have popped up on my svr- hdt 500 recordable freeview box , and i don't know how to remove it. Can any one help please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the photo.

I have gone through all the settings on my PVR, nothing indicates that type of screen. The only way to get the time and date up, is pressing the Info button, But the time is centred at the top of the screen.

To get the time at the top right, I press the Guide button or Title List button. I cant see any other way.

Is there any types of On Screen Display settings on your TV?

Thinking about it, now. You have the date/time displayed up there, but you have nothing on the screen. The screen is blank. From your other photo, your box is switched on. Do you get tv programs through your box?

Try turning everything off (TV and PVR box). Unplug the power from the wall, and leave for a couple of minutes, and then switch it all on again. Also, check that all leads/cables are fully plugged in (unplug them and plug them back in again).

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

1 - If you press the [INFO] button on your recorder box a couple of times it scrolls through the various screen information. If that doesnt work, see 2.

2 - More than likely, you have pressed the Info button, or display button on the TV remote control instead. Check though the display settings on your TV.

Hope that helps.

nickyadams6
Visitor

Thankyou for replying. I tried both things and the time is still on the blinking thing. But I do appreciate your help thankyou again.

Kind regards

Nicky

Anonymous
Not applicable

This should be a simple thing to resolve. SHOULD !!

Any chance you can attach a photo in a reply here? Reason is - I have the same box, so I can see if it matches up with mine.

nickyadams6
Visitor

Posting photos now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the photo.

I have gone through all the settings on my PVR, nothing indicates that type of screen. The only way to get the time and date up, is pressing the Info button, But the time is centred at the top of the screen.

To get the time at the top right, I press the Guide button or Title List button. I cant see any other way.

Is there any types of On Screen Display settings on your TV?

Thinking about it, now. You have the date/time displayed up there, but you have nothing on the screen. The screen is blank. From your other photo, your box is switched on. Do you get tv programs through your box?

Try turning everything off (TV and PVR box). Unplug the power from the wall, and leave for a couple of minutes, and then switch it all on again. Also, check that all leads/cables are fully plugged in (unplug them and plug them back in again).

nickyadams6
Visitor

Thankyou !! Switching on and off worked !!! Don't know why I didn't think of it before , dozy mare!! Thankyou again very much

Kind regards

Nicky

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant. No problems. Glad it worked in the end.