Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @copperbeeches

Do a full re-scan as per normal.  Everything has been fixed now, so no need to do a manual re-tune etc.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
copperbeeches
Explorer

Thanks for getting back to me 😉

I have followed the revised FULL RESCAN and everything is as it should be.

My reason for my earlier posting was to double-check if I needed to still enter the 3 Channels prior to saving the scan.  I cannot remember ever doing this before SONY posted the notes last week for the temporary MANUAL SCAN (I didn't even know what they were!).  Following a FULL RESCAN I still get the prompt to enter the 3 Channel Numbers, but I am currently leaving the boxes clear and going with 'unspecified channels'.  Is that correct or would it be better to enter the 3 that I sourced for the earlier Manual Scan?

profile.country.GB.title
copperbeeches
Explorer

Page 36 of the Manual:

Select Your Region.png

Just checking ........

profile.country.GB.title
macateb1
Explorer

This problem has returned. 

It seems to me that the broadcasters only had a temporary fix for the one device that had problems.

Obviously the broadcasters want to continue to develop how they send data and can't hold back on their developments just for Sony. 

It is now up to Sony to upgrade the firmware to make compliance with future changes easier or this is going to be an ongoing problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @macateb1

At this moment, I have seen no other 'noise' or complaints from anyone including other forums such as DigitalSpy, AVForums or even the Sony US forums which some were posting on.  I can only assume that this is unique to your HDD Recorder - until such time other people post the same complaint.

Can you please describe the symptoms that you are getting?  And which model are you referring to?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
macateb1
Explorer

I'm using the HDT1000.

A couple of duplicate recordings yesterday and fast forwarding through recordings often is very sluggish which then causes the screen to go black and my Sony tv to say no signal input before the image reappears again.

I also get the 'unable to scan channel whilst recording' message when nothing is actually recording.

I'm going to reset and rescan to hopefully fix this again, but shouldn't have to do this after the fix that worked a few weeks ago.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Let me know how you get on.  Im keeping a watch on the usual places - so as soon as others confirm there is an issue, ill forward to Sony.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Myitshot
Explorer

Oddly enough I also had a duplicate recording on a series on a 1000 on Tuesday.  My initial reaction was "oh no not again" but later I dismissed it as user error and assumed I must ahve set it up twice and not realised.

The series recording was only set up on Tuesday, and recorded twice.  However it was listed in Timer twice so I deleted one and the other was retained.

No problems since and only recording once a day.

Regards,

largeronald
Explorer

No issues on my Digitalstream, and as Quinnicus has said above, nothing as yet on Digital Spy or AVforums.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @macateb1

In the end, I did contact Sony - they are keeping an eye on any reported issues from their Call Centres etc, as a pro-active aproach.

Cheers