Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
morgan12345
Explorer

Yes, Dave's the only channel I watch on ARQA too. But mercifully it would seem that ARQB, which hosts Dave Ja Vu, is unaffected (works fine for me, but cannot confirm so tune to it at your own risk).

If you can stand to wait an extra hour for your space-based comedy, then you're sorted! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
TerrorByte
Explorer

@PEEVED23 wrote:

Btw, I applied the workaround to both of our machines and in both cases I found you need to "reboot" immediately after in order to get your timer list back. I also rebooted immediately before starting the workaround as well. All appears stable so far. 

I watch Dave btw. Gutted I can't get Red Dwarf atm. 😞

Thanks peeved23. Can you just clarify what you mean by "reboot" please? Is that switch off and on using the power button, or holding in the reset button?

PEEVED23
Explorer

Hi TerrorByte,

I just unplugged my machines / switched off at the plugs.  I didn't use the reset option this time.  :slight_smile:

DianaCann
Explorer

Have just applied the temporary fix. Hooray - I have a responsive remote control again! Personally I am quite content with the programmes I have on the 3 channels - BBC 1,2,4, ITV with all its permutations, ditto channel 4, CBeebies and CBBC for the grandchildren, red button, etc etc. Plus all the radio stations I need. No longer need to scroll through a load of crap looking for a channel. It all seems cleaner and easier to use. The amount of times I might have watched Dave or any of the other channels didn't warrant wading through the mess of all those unwanted ones! 

Just waiting to check that my selected programmes are recorded singly and then I'll be a happy bunny. 

grahamess
Explorer

Hi folks,

If this is of any help to you all as you trawl through the posts:

I have just succesfully used the work around and confirm that it fixes the issue at the moment. I have had time to play as well and just prove what is causing the problem. In my instance I can confirm that if you manually add the ARQA multiplex then you will create the problem that we have all been getting. So do not add that multiplex channel. If you go here and find your transmitter it will tell you which frequencies you receive this multiplex on. In my case from the Ridge Hill Transmitter it is on ch24 (498.0mhz) Here is a link to the transmitter finder pages https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Ridge_Hill 

So you have it all in one post the procedure to use for retuning the recorder was this one:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/Recording-and-playback-issues-SVR-HDT500-HD...

To confirm other worries. YES it will wipe your previous recording timer list (not a huge problem to reprogram) it DOES NOT wipe previous recordings in the Title list. It WILL corect the double recordings. Sadly you will have to tune to AMAZON PRIME to get your fix of Clarkson,May & Hammond... after all Topgear re-runs is all that seems to be on Dave anyway. Small price to pay to get most of the bits working again.

Happy viewing, or should that be recording again.

PEEVED23
Explorer

Hi @grahamess

On both my machines it did wipe the timers list, but after unplugging the machines and plugging back in, when they came back online the timer lists were fully restored.

profile.country.GB.title
TerrorByte
Explorer

@PEEVED23 wrote:

Hi @grahamess

On both my machines it did wipe the timers list, but after unplugging the machines and plugging back in, when they came back online the timer lists were fully restored.

Mmm, that's interesting and very useful info, thanks peeved23. Previously I used the full scan once and lost all my timer list, so since then I've only ever used update scan. I have about 3 pages of series links that pick up new series each year, so not happy to re-enter them again, because you can only series link if a series is being transmitted in the next 7 days.

romaste78
Explorer

Mine is still double recording even after the quick fix. The remote is working fine and the playback 

glenalmond
Explorer

I have recently had this problem too, along with several others that have just started recently.

For the last week it has randomly missed recordings - it appears that it is not recording when the TV is off, but does record when it is on - it never did that before. I have also had the duplicate recordings, although it hasn't doen this for a couple ofdays.  Most annoying is not being able to set any new recording or delete anything from the Timer list.

daveben
Explorer

According to sony and UK digital links above, the problem is now fixed.