Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

Could not have explained it better myself, apparently Sony are aware of the problem and their technical department is looking into it

profile.country.GB.title
Sammydavisjnr
Explorer

I can confirm I have been having the duplicate recording problem for about 10 days. I am also having the non responsive remote control issues too. It's driving me mad.  Glad to know it's not just me though.  I hope Sony hurry up with a fix or I'll be moving ALL of my devices to another provider when renewal time comes around.  Grrrr

profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

You are far from alone in this problem!

Sent from my iPad
PEEVED23
Explorer

Holding the reset button for 10 seconds DOES NOT WORK any more than holding it for 3 seconds, or 50 or all day, or pulling the plug out and throwing it out of the window. The only thing it achieves is buying Sony Tech support more time and making us wish we'd bought a Panasonic.

mickjanmid
Explorer

Yep 10 sec hold no good. Tec support now say take it for repair at my cost!!!!!! Through to an overseas support. Aaagggghhhhh Sony enough is enough sort it properly and not lie.

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I note that many of you have been given advice from Sony Support on resetting your HDD Recorder etc etc.  At current, this is only a temporary workaround to get things operational again.  It is also not necesssay to take your SVR-HDT500/1000 to be repaired simply because there is no fix available as of yet and it is pointless.

I will attempt to ensure that Sony Support are not giving out irrelevent advice by passing some what you have been told to my contact within Sony.

As soon as any more information or a fix comes to light, I'll post back in this thread.

Thank you

douglasdbay
Explorer

Hi everyone

I am suffering same issues as everyone else . I contacted Sony Support via email - receiving a reply suggesting that I unplug the device and preform re-set.

I have responded by advising that this does not work ,for me or anyone else who has tried it.

I will post again if Sony provide me with a satisfactory solution which resolves the isssue

morgan12345
Explorer

Just to update, I think we can rule out the signal sent to tell the box when a programme is actually starting and finishing (that neat feature that means the recording starts at the exact right time).

I just set a recording up the old fashioned way by selecting a channel and a time and a duration (like your old VCR), so it's not relying on the programme title at all, but still get double recording. It's quite the mystery...

Parkk09
Explorer

I decided to unplug mains overnight. Consequently no freeview at all today. Reset box which in turn has deleted all pre programmed series recordings and will not let me series record anything, only single programme recording. Until Sony can resolve this I've moved across to the YouView App and will just have to rely on 7 day catch-up. Hope Sony can resolve this without too much more delay.

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi all,

This is simply amazing. I too got the call from my mam last week to say there is something wrong with the "Sony black box thingy that records programs". Why is it everybody's mam has one ? I spent a couple of hours checking all the settings, deleting old series record folders, resetting and unplugging the unit etc. etc.until finally all appeared well again. Guess what ? Yup she phoned yesterday to say it had all gone Pete Tong again.

Seeing as Sony do not manufacture PVR's (at least for the UK) anymore I was about to hurry on down to good old Panasonic and pick a new one up for her but now I have just read this !

What could have possibly infected the whole of the UK's Sony PVR's at the same time ? I can confirm that this has not afffected my Panasonic units which are just as responsive as ever. I look forward to the 'fix' for this !

Thanks in advance for your efforts Quinnicus.

Regards

If it ain't broke don't fix it