Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
DianaCann
Explorer

Exactly the same when I phoned yesterday!

Same here, in York. I thought it was because I had possibly 'booked' the recording from the trailer and, having forgotten, booked the same series through the guide. Channel re-scan made no difference either. What to do?

mickjanmid
Explorer

Tech support - in Egypt great guys to speak to - Hold reset button for 10 seconds not 3 as told in manual. Now works but for how long. Fingers crossed.

profile.country.en_GB.title
malyon2001
Explorer

My box is having the same issue. For about the past month the remote has been sluggish and now the box is behaving very, very slowly.

Recordings missed, duplicate recordings, no picture and so on. Switching off at the plug gets things going again but the problems return immediately.

I'm not aware of any new Firmware updates.. All that's changes is that BBC iPlayer is no longer supported.

It's almost as if someone has hit a killswitch..

nemarsh29
Explorer

Wish I'd realised this at the time, but myself & my Dad bought new remotes a couple of weeks ago as we both thought it was just the remote playing up due to age etc. All starting to make sense now.

profile.country.en_GB.title
malyon2001
Explorer

I was close to doing the same thing. Glad I didn't!
profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

In the words of Michael Jackson, you are not alone.

they are aware of the problem and are working on it!

profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

I get double recordings or none at all, once something records it does not delete itself from the timer list.  Also try to stop recording when I realise it is double recording and they won't cancel or will cancel only to restart again.

profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

Loads of people from all over are getting the same problem so frustrating hope they sort something out soon.

profile.country.GB.title
Misstheatre

Exactly the same problem as me.  They are aware of it and looking into it.