Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
pjst3v3ns
Explorer

Hi

I live in Nottingham and am experiencing exactly the same issue.  Really messed up on Friday night as we were out and had scheduled a number of programs to record. Needless to say half of them didnt get recorded.  Action needed quickly! Presumbly a new software update?

profile.country.en_GB.title
petebean
Explorer

I have experienced the same problem with two recorders. Both started duplicate recordings and freezing at the same time last week. I have contacted sony support but no reply. Is this a case for use of a national paper or TV investigation?

del-mag
Explorer

I have recently had a problem with recordings on my sony SVR-HDT500 freeview box, it is recording programmes twice and tried everything to eradicate this,ie reset, turning off and back on,disk repair, but nothing seems to work I live in the Nottinghamshire area and have a strong signal.I have been over to my mother in law as she has the same problem to see if I could sort it for her, but no luck ! . I see to my relief that this is a ongoing problem with others on the community. I hope sony can help to resolve this frustrating problem.

Angela4791
Explorer

@Anonymous

Hi! Thanks for your replies - firstly for directing me to the right forum (if it wasn't for you I'd still be totally oblivous to that fact :wink: and for your further reply.

After reading more comments, especially from the users of other brands, I think you might be right with the problem being within digital signal broadcast. Seems plausible, although does not quite explain the problems with playing and rewinding already recorded things or assome mentioned, that the device keeps running after switching off (again unplugging is required). Perhaps it is a combination of both. Hope Sony will come up with some solution (or face the wrath of many couch potatoes :wink:

Many thanks for your input!

Angela4791
Explorer

Yay, folks!!!! hope it is not too early to say that miracle has happened, but I have now first scheduled recording going on that is not duplicated!!! :thumbsup:

Has everyone got it back to normal too?

Parkk09
Explorer

I'll let you know at 8pm when I'm due to record :question:

Fingers crossed!

PEEVED23
Explorer

Hi Angela4791, i did record without duplication last night on one machine, but mum's  mschine duplicated the same program (Poldark BBC1). And today my machine won't let me program any recordings. 

Sony really ARE aware of this problem because the guy I spoke to today knew instantly what I was talking about, said they were working on a software fix for it and it would get emailed to me once its done. Because I raised a case.  Tel: 0844 846 6555, option 1, option 2. Raise a case,. Please just do it. The more who do, the quicker it will get resolved.

Parkk09
Explorer

One recording folks...here's hoping normal business has resumed :pray:

Angela4791
Explorer

@PEEVED23

Unfortunately, you were right. Not solved yet. I have another recording in progress and here we go again with the duplicating... :worried:

Unlike yourself, I was able to set up a new recording, but then I couldn't return from the guide page, stuck there completely and eventually I had to pull a plug on it, again!

I will give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the contact details!

I also had the same duplicated recording issues. Then the box would not record at all. Tried installing factory settings. It set up one recording (which it duplicated) but would not set up a second recording until I did a factory reset again and exactly the same thing happened. Was also able to record (once in duplicate) by swapping HDMI sockets on the TV,

I also live in the West Midlands - Halesowen