Join now - be part of our community!

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

SVR-HDT500 / SVR-HDT1000 - Duplicate Recordings Issue

Hello All

For anyone who has these two models HDD Recorders (SVR-HDT500 + SVR-HDT1000) there seems to be an issue when recording.  My mum has one of these boxes and it is recording the same show twice - even though there is only 1 instance in the timer list.

Upon going to the USA Forums, there seems to be others experiencing this issue as well. The people posting on the USA Forums seem to be UK people See:  http://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/Sony-SVR-HDT500-recording-same-programme-twice/td...

I am therefore escalating this issue to SonyUK Support in order for them to provide a resolution.

I would urge those that have this problem to post a reply in this thread.

Thank you all.

183 REPLIES 183
rutthenut
Explorer

I have been experiencing this same problem, again only started in the past few days.

Get really good reception, from Hannington transmitter, very nearby.

The firmware is the same as when the PCR was first purchased but I see Sony have not supplied any updates to that since 2011.

Problems apparent as programmes get recorded twice, a few seconds difference, with the second getting (1) in the title, but both record at the same time.

When using the -> button during playback to skip forward briefly, that pauses before taking effect. Have seen that happen before, which indicates some sort of software/firmware problem.

The machine has also crashed much more recently, or won't complete startup or shutdown. Power off for a while and restart but it doesn't work well for long at all (minutes before button press delays, etc).

Have done a disk repair (approx 50% free space, btw) and that made no apparent difference to system behaviour.

Given the age of the machine, I don't expect that Sony will be doing anything to resolve these problems but as the machine is now gettng to be unusable I certainly won't be buying another of their products with such software faults...

morgan12345
Explorer

Same problem on SVR-HDT500 here in Buckinghamshire. Have reported to Sony customer support, am awaiting a response.

My hypothesis is a possible OTA update that's gone wrong? Hope this can be solved, but wonder how much Sony even care about this model, as I believe they didn't engineer it in the first place?

onehitwonder
Explorer

hi i have been having the exact same problems with my sony svr hdt500 too ,it has become very unresponsive unless the reset the recorder it wont let me set the recording of ant programmes and just freezes if i reset the recorder it works for all of ten seconds, its only started it the last two weeks i have a humax upstairs and it is working fine, i am in derby so not sure which transitter signal is picked up from but it only seems to be effecting sony recorder, if anyone finds an answer can you please let us all know

RayFos
Explorer

I would like to add another voice to the duplicate recordings issue.  My HDT1000 has been duplicating recordings since last Tuesday (11 October). Also cannot delete easily, and when I have managed to get a duplicate to stop, the screen hangs and then it  begins duplcate recording again.  Have tried all the obvious things( as per several other contributors to this forum before me)...swithcing off, reset button, powering-off, which occasionally works for a brief while, but then the problem returns. My TV receives transmissions from the Ridge Hill, transmitter in Herefordshire, so having regard to some of the other comments, this problem seems pretty widespread.  The other problem is that the Remote is  often sluggish/slow in responding.  My daughter and her partner, who live close by also have an HDT1000 and are experiencing exactly the same problems since last Tuesday!  So what changed around then? Dosn't sound like a Sony problem, more like a network or Freeview issue. One other thought, this problem does not seem to affect playback in any way. Problems seem to revolve around the program list.   

profile.country.GB.title
csumm6092
Explorer

I am also having this problem - in Somerset.HDT500. Sluggish fast fwd etc while recording + recording diplicate programmes. Issue started last Wednesday or Thursday.

joengla50
New

Hi .

Just to add my name to the list of users encountering this problem on my SVR-HDT500.

My unit had been updated to the latest software version 4.21.r 8585

Hopefully SONY can provide an explanation & solution to this.

polarblue52
Explorer

I have two of these and exactly the same problems.  The PVR duplicates all recordings, not just those on series link.  The EPG is unusable, extremly sluggish at moving forward or back in time and recordings timeshift are again slow and sluggish.(Edit, Can no longer set any recordings using EPG)  I have found these problems only occurs after about 10 minutes from initial boot.  At boot everything works.  The EPG works as it should, moving freely and recordings can timeshift with ease.  Then everything comes to a holt.  Hopefully this can be resolved.

We have an HDT1000 and live in Somerset.

We have been having the issue on an unresponsive remote for a few weeks and for the last 7 days or more issues with the software.  We are experiencing duplicte recordings, not being able to stop recordings once started and also not being able to record a programme when another is overlapping.  All the issues that others are experiencing.  Sony please can you let all of your customers know what you are doing to fix this glitch.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Myitshot
Explorer

I have had the same problem on a 1000 for about a week.  Can't set up series recordings either and the machine is slow to move around the guide and title list too.  It has worked fine for four years but suddenly seems to have a mind of its own.  The duplicate recordings is a pain but is only one symptom.  I am on the 8585 firmware so I dont think its a OTA update.  The remote seems generally unresponsive, I changed the batteries thinking they were dying but no improvement.

DianaCann
Explorer

I am also having the same problems. Today, instead of duplicate recordings, nothing will record. SONY - What are you doing about it all?