SVR-HDT 500

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
revneil
New

SVR-HDT 500

Hello

New problems.

A     I have lost Bravia Sync - am told to check cables etc - but all seem to be OK - the Recorder goes off when TV switched off so the connection would appear to be good.  Sadly it will not come on when, for instance I press the Recorded programmes button as it did up until a few days ago.

B     Does not play any sound in Fast Forward (HD programmes) in x2 or x4 as it did up to a few days ago.

C     The whole on/off sequence is now very, very slow.

Does the machine need reloading of Firmware - rather as a computer needs its Operating System cleaned out and reloaded from time to time?

At present, I am running the latest Firmware - 4.21.r8585 from July 2011.  There does not seem to be any further upgrade.

If that is the case, am I safe to apply this upgrade again in the hope that it may overwrite the existing, which may have become corrupted or just lost a line or two of code?

Over the past few days I have reset the machine a couple of times, checked the HDMI cables etc., even disconnected it from the mains electricity - but all to no avail.

Does a Disk repair destroy all the programmes stored?  Let alone future programme info that is setup?

Help please.

Many thanks

Neil

Message was edited by: revneil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, lets figure this out.

1 - I have just done a repair disk on mine for a test, it did not delete my recordings. Took about 60 seconds to complete, and rebooted itself afterwards.

2 - Your firmware looks good. I dont believe you can re-apply a firmware, its either on, or it isnt.

3 - Sound on FF 2x,4x - Is that really an issue? Personally i HATE having the screeeeetchy sound when slow FF

4 - First thing is that I would turn ALL equipment off from the wall.

5 - Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and PVR

6 - Plug the HDMI back into the PVR, and then plug the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on the TV

7 - Turn on TV

8 - Once TV has been turned on (Im assuming you have a Sony TV here), press the [SYNC MENU] button on the remote control, and click [OK] to "HDMI Device Selection", PVR should then switch itself on again

9 - If PVR doesnt switch on properly, get a pen and press the [Reset] button under the front panel on the PVR to the left of the USB port.

10 - If its switched on, and still running sluggish, by all means use the repair disk function. As I said above, I tested this on mine, and didnt loose any recordings (all 2 of them!).

Hope that helps you

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ok, lets figure this out.

1 - I have just done a repair disk on mine for a test, it did not delete my recordings. Took about 60 seconds to complete, and rebooted itself afterwards.

2 - Your firmware looks good. I dont believe you can re-apply a firmware, its either on, or it isnt.

3 - Sound on FF 2x,4x - Is that really an issue? Personally i HATE having the screeeeetchy sound when slow FF

4 - First thing is that I would turn ALL equipment off from the wall.

5 - Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and PVR

6 - Plug the HDMI back into the PVR, and then plug the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on the TV

7 - Turn on TV

8 - Once TV has been turned on (Im assuming you have a Sony TV here), press the [SYNC MENU] button on the remote control, and click [OK] to "HDMI Device Selection", PVR should then switch itself on again

9 - If PVR doesnt switch on properly, get a pen and press the [Reset] button under the front panel on the PVR to the left of the USB port.

10 - If its switched on, and still running sluggish, by all means use the repair disk function. As I said above, I tested this on mine, and didnt loose any recordings (all 2 of them!).

Hope that helps you

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
revneil
New

Many thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion of changing the HDMI port was the one that finally seems to have solved my problem.

You are quite right that Repair Disk does no harm to existing recording and settings - I found the manual and tried it anyway.

Even the 2 & 4 FF sound are now working (I do not like them much, but I just saw it as a symptom of things going wrong).

Of course, I then wondered if there was something wrong with my TV ( yes it is Sony - 40HX803)?!

So I switched the BD over to the port vacated by the DT500 and it worked perfectly!

Derrr!  I just cannot figure out what is going on!

But at least things seem to be restored to normal

Thank you for your thoughtful and sensible words of advice.

Again thank you

Neil