Join now - be part of our community!

STRDN1030 no TV audio. Please help.

profile.country.en_GB.title
joshua.fisher
Visitor

STRDN1030 no TV audio. Please help.

Dear community,

I have just purchased a STRDN1030 receiver to supplement my KDL55HX853. Speakers have been installed, the correct speaker pattern has been selected, and auto calibration has successfully executed. All other connected devices (included blueray and airplay) work perfectly .

However, when I try to watch normal TV there is no audio from any of the connected speakers. The TV is connected via a single HDMI cable plugged into the primary ARC port on the TV and the TV out port on the receiver.

- Ctrl for HDMI is set to 'On' (Bravia sync completed)

- Audio Out is set to 'AMP'

- Input Mode set to 'AUTO'

- TV is not on mute, and master volume turned up.

On the receiver display it states:

ARC

D.C.A.C

No letters are displayed within the playback channel indicator. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Joshua

7 REPLIES 7
Bravia55HX

Hi,

as i understand it you need the latest HDMI 1.4 standard for this to work, please check you have the latest spec cable.

joshua.fisher
Visitor

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have confirmed that I am using a v1.4 HDMI cable. Still no luck.

Joshua

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

you say Audio out is set to Amp, i cannot find that on my set, however on your remote press options, scroll down to speakers, and change from tv speakers to Audio system and try that.

joshua.fisher
Visitor

On the TV, Speakers under settings is set to 'Audio system'. When the TV is switched on 'Audio system active' is also stated across the screen. Thanks again.

Message was edited by: joshua.fisher

Withnail73
Visitor

Hey. I have a 1030 and a 40HX853 with the same set-up, ie: TV speakers off (via Sound menu) and all going through the Receiver (audio optioin 'AMP'). The only difference I can see with your set-up and mine is that I have an optical cable running from the TV to Receiver, and that is where the TV sound travels.

Bravia55HX

yes thats very true Withnail73, thats how i do mine and it works fine (hx853 and str-db830), thats only because the amp does not have HDMI, since the original poster had not asked for an option other than to use HDMI i did'nt mention this, having said that Joshua perhaps you could consider going that route.

Withnail73
Visitor

Hmm...The HDMI set-up seems to be correct, but you say that you have the TV sound not muted, but checking the 1030 manual it says:

"Be sure to turn off the TV's volume or activate the TV's muting function". Page 26 under the ARC.

Can it be that simple?