Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbase HT-XT3 connecting BT Ultra HD TV box

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Soundbase HT-XT3 connecting BT Ultra HD TV box

• I am trying to connect a BT Ultra HD TV box to my Sony HT-XT3 Soundbase. The TV box instructions say to connect the HDMI output lead to a HDMI Socket that supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 on the TV or in this case my Soundbase HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 for Ultra HD or 4K TV programmes. I have therefore connected the BT Ultra HD TV box to the HDMI Socket 1 on the HT-XT3 which is labelled as HDCP 2.2- compatible. Unfortunately the BT box is not happy with this as it comes up with a message telling me to connect to a HDCP 2.2- compatible HDMI jack, which I thought I had ! Do I need to change any settings in the HT-XT3 to get this to work, any help would be appreciated.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Grasstracker

If that's not working for whatever reason, there's nothing wrong with plugging the box straight into your TV via HDMI, then connecting up to your Soundbase via optical. Hopefully that should work just fine. 

Let me know how you get on.

Mick

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Mick, I know it’s a long time ago since I raised this issue! I did as you suggested and was able to get around the problem, thanks. Since then I have bought a 4K UHD TV and have reverted back to the original HDMI I/P on the Sound base and removed the optical link. All is now OK.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Grasstracker

If that's not working for whatever reason, there's nothing wrong with plugging the box straight into your TV via HDMI, then connecting up to your Soundbase via optical. Hopefully that should work just fine. 

Let me know how you get on.

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Grasstracker
Explorer

Mick, I know it’s a long time ago since I raised this issue! I did as you suggested and was able to get around the problem, thanks. Since then I have bought a 4K UHD TV and have reverted back to the original HDMI I/P on the Sound base and removed the optical link. All is now OK.