Join now - be part of our community!

sony str dn1030 assistance needed

profile.country.en_GB.title
tariq.rahman
Visitor

sony str dn1030 assistance needed

Hi

I have just installed my str dn 1030 - as specified as I don't have surround sound speakers I have installed the front speakers into the speaker B - Bi - amp jacks and the center to the center

have selected 3.0 from the speaker set up and when I try to auto cal the system it keeps saying error 33 front....

what is this and can anyone help???

or is there a person one can phone - to come and fix as this is stressing me out and i ........

please help

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Not sure that you can use the center speaker n Bi Amp configuration.

But one thing important is that you have to set "Bi Amp" under "SB assign" for autocalibration to work

profile.country.en_GB.title
Withnail73
Visitor

Pretty sure the Front LR should be in the Front Speaker ports (far right)...I have a 2.0 set-up and that's where mine are. Works fine.

EDIT: Interestingly, I have just got a Centre speaker and plugged this in. However, when I set the Speaker Pattern to 3.0 it will not Auto Calibrate and throws the Error 33 front message. As far as I can tell everything is working as it should be, ie: test tones are correct from each of the 3 and BDs are fine.

I read that not inserting the microphone correctly would also show a 33 error, but I have crammed it in as far as it will go. Curious.