Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Internet Player NS7-GS7 "No signal please check hdmi in input"

profile.country.en_GB.title
calinhobbes
Visitor

Sony Internet Player NS7-GS7 "No signal please check hdmi in input"

Hello, rather disappointed with this so far. we are getting a message saying there is no signal and to check the hdmi input. This we have done, tried 2 different leads, turned if off for 2 mins etc. All to no avail. Tempted to take it back to the shop. We are using a Samsung UE40EH5000K tv which it didn't have listed but managed to get a code that appears to work. It's just rather disjointed and strange. Did Sony rush it to market and its a bit of a turkey?

6 REPLIES 6
gofrost

Have you connected a sky/freeview box to the nsz-gs7 ?. If so and you have set it up correctly you need to turn on the attached device using either the remote for the attached device or the sony remote,second row of keys left one.

calinhobbes
Visitor

Thanks for responding. The tv has inbuilt freeview and we don't have sky or cable. Therefore the hdmi cable is going from the 1st hdmi slot on the tv to the out hdmi slot on the internet player. I have gone in to the settings menu and selected Video input and let it scan - nothing. So I clicked Add device manually - again nothing. It tells me to go to help which says to plug it up properly. I have done this indeed I have taken all leads out, switched off for 2 mins and reconnected. Nope - nada, zilch. Is there anything beyond this I can do? The only other thing I can say was that the tv didn't recognise the exact model of the tv but we got the remote working anyway and we have the internet working too. This however renders it not worth the money, the live tv option is essential.

calinhobbes
Visitor

Hi, I have just gone to settings, then on to unit settings then Advanced video settings and selected Mode 2. I then turned it off for 2 mins and on again. Still when I select live tv I get the message "No signal. Please check HDMI in input.

Rich.F
New

Sounds like everything is connected properly. I'm assuming you can see the desktop with the icons at the bottom of the screen. If you can browse websites then your network is setup correctly too. So this only leads me to believe there is a problem with the live tv app somehow. Since i don't own one of these boxes i'm only guessing, but is there an option to log into google? or settings to enter to get google live tv working? Do the other options such as netflix work?

If i'm totally off, at what point do you get the message to check the HDMI cable?

calinhobbes
Visitor

Thanks Rich.F I can indeed see the icons at the bottom and I can go in to google, You tube, Netflix etc. There is an icon at the bottom saying TV then live tv underneath which I understand is meant to overlay the tv channels so everything is controlled by one remote - belonging to the player. It is when I click on this icon I get the hdmi not working message. I think it's a black art!:smileyconfused:

gofrost

The nsz-gs7 is designed to work inbetween a cable/satellite box and a tv ,the reason you get this message is because as you state you do not have sky or cable and therefore nothing is connected to the hdmi input on the device. So when you go to live tv icon there is no signal nothing wrong with the device,all the services you see are internet based and these work.See if you can borrow a sky box connect to hdmi in on nsz -gs7 and you will see what i mean,you won't be able to use the picture in picture feature either as there is no signal in.If i press live tv and don't take the sky box out of standby i get same message as you.