Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BDV-N590 - no sound watching ALBA Freeview

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
robbiesymons
New

Sony BDV-N590 - no sound watching ALBA Freeview

I bought a Sony BDV-N590 and the TV I currently have is an ALBA LCD32880HDF.

The TV is very old but has 2 x HDMI ports. Although the picture and sound are great when watching a DVD or streaming through Netflix, I can't get the sound to work when watching the built in freeview.

Any ideas please? I'vr tried 2 HDMI cable and bougth an audio cable but still no luck!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly for the HDMI connection to output sound from your tv to the Sony system, your TV must support ARC (Audio Return Channel). I dont think your TV does looking at the specifications. Your TV also does not have an Optical Out port either.

What you may be able to do, is connect your TV using composite cables (they have the RCA Connectors, and coloured Red and White). TV - Audio Out, DVD/BD Autio IN. Then go into the audio settings of the TV and set it to output audio.

See Page 14 of the manual for the sound system. I cant seem to find a manual for your tv doing a quick google search.

Hope that assists.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Firstly for the HDMI connection to output sound from your tv to the Sony system, your TV must support ARC (Audio Return Channel). I dont think your TV does looking at the specifications. Your TV also does not have an Optical Out port either.

What you may be able to do, is connect your TV using composite cables (they have the RCA Connectors, and coloured Red and White). TV - Audio Out, DVD/BD Autio IN. Then go into the audio settings of the TV and set it to output audio.

See Page 14 of the manual for the sound system. I cant seem to find a manual for your tv doing a quick google search.

Hope that assists.