Join now - be part of our community!

sony bdv-n590 bug? please help

profile.country.en_GB.title
rotherdrummer
Visitor

sony bdv-n590 bug? please help

i purchased a sony bdv-n590 a couple of days ago and it seems to be suffering from a problem where it reboots without warning at random intervals. i have experienced this numerous times whilst watching sky tv on hdmi input 1, whilst watching a movie on a usb disk, and also when using the fireplace screensaver application

i have recently allowed the system to perform an update to software version M13.R.0460. could this contain a bug perhaps? i can't guarantee it because i've only owned the unit a few days, but i don't recall this happening before the update

the only additional tweaks i have done are:- programmed in my tv code for the remote, and hooked up the unit to my internet router (via ethernet cable, not wireless)

i'm really concerned because i don't know whether i should return the unit to the supplier or not?

is anyone else experiencing this problem? thanks in advance for any help/advice

john

Message was edited by: rotherdrummer

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you could try a factory reset to see if that clears it before thinking about returning the unit as this usually flushes out any glitches in the system.

magpiemale1970
New

Try changing the HDMI location my HDMI for sky is in number 2 on t.v and my blueray 590 in Number 1 and ARC on blueray.The HDMI setting is 2 on from the t.v remote which brings down a window with HDMI 1-4 along with ac componant etc etc. Same goes for the blueray when coming from blueray to t.v select HDMI 2.

magpiemale

Message was edited by: sonycarr