Join now - be part of our community!

Songal with STR DN1060

SOLVED
jojawha
Explorer

Songal with STR DN1060

Hi,

Has anyone managed to Power Up the Receiver using Songpal. Looks like I can only power it down using Songpal.

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jojawha
Explorer

for anyone looking for a solution for this problem, the only way is to get your firmware downgraded. My Songpal now happily turns my Receiver ON on launch. An authorised Sony Service center was able to do this for me. OR hope that a future firmware will bring this functionality back

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there

I found this:

http://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn10686/v1/en/contents/TP0000638181.html

STR-DN1060 - WOL.jpg

The Remote Start, I think is referring to the TV and Video Sideview App that Sony has.

Cheers

jojawha
Explorer

Thanks for the information, Quinnicus. Some of the overseas model (US, Canada, etc) support Network standby, and the UK model did support it until the latest firmware, not anymore though. With Network Standby ON, you were able to turn the device ON using Songpal (the device turned itself ON when launching Songpal).

jojawha
Explorer

for anyone looking for a solution for this problem, the only way is to get your firmware downgraded. My Songpal now happily turns my Receiver ON on launch. An authorised Sony Service center was able to do this for me. OR hope that a future firmware will bring this functionality back